Ludicrous Chipper

TimberCutterDartmoor

Some of the safety features have been removed, like the rubber curtain that should be in front of the blades to stop stuff flicking back. I use a whisper drum chipper and it's not as bad as it looks. Obviously not as good as a large disc chipper but it makes mince meat out of a thrity foot branch. You don't have to hang around waiting for it to go through. It's powered by a 6 cylinder 4.2 petrol engine and will take between 6 and 8 inches depending how hard the wood is. Once you figure out how to use it safely they're not bad, especially given how much it cost. They do tend to whip branches about a bit though and both me and my groundy have been on the wrong end of chunk of pin oak or willow slapping across the back of the neck. The whisper was the first chipper I used and was taught safe operation so I don't mind them, and let's face it; any chipper, if used incorrectly or abused, is dangerous, as the fatality stats in the states show. People seem to think they have to show less respect to the disc chippers and they seem to be at the top of the accident lists rather than the drum style.

bit of a dodgey link there mate, some unsavery stuff at the side i think for family viewing.

Really? You can see that wasn't intentional right? I can't see it when I go via that link :confused1::confused1:

It probably puts up links based on your personal browsing history. :sneaky2:

All I get is links to lorry websites. :confused1: