Shleising 440 or TW 190?

RobRainford

wouldnt it affect my GTW? i thought it was only around 3.5t

i could be getting confused here.

Clearly

Ok here we go

Gross vehicle weight (GVW) is the most the vehicle and payload can weigh.

Gross train weight (mass) is the GVW and the mass of any trailer and its payload.

Andy

PS GVW and GTW are now GVM and GTM (Mass).

PPS Having owned one I would go for the Schliesing

Edited by treequip
PPS

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were iminent on buying a chipper, i will be going through my trailer test, i do have a good amount of experience and was thinking about just going for the test with no instruction. Ive driven with big trailers before and got good experience with tractors and trailer which iimo are harder!

i did my bplus e 4 years ago trust me you will need training !

Had a 440 tow behind for 2 years, awful bloody thing- the clutch system works off the weight of the engine tensioning the drive belts, but on British pot holed and speed bumped roads the engine is free to bounce up and down shagging vast amounts of belts and bearing in the process- the pto version is lovely though:001_smile:

i have a 440 tow behind ,had it 4 years and i love it ,never broke down eva and starts stops and chips every day ,its super easy to reverse as its the same width as the van unlike almost every other chipper around ,it out performs every other chipper i have ever used ,it is a little heavy at times but not a big issue

i have a 440 tow behind ,had it 4 years and i love it ,never broke down eva and starts stops and chips every day ,its super easy to reverse as its the same width as the van unlike almost every other chipper around ,it out performs every other chipper i have ever used ,it is a little heavy at times but not a big issue

We had 2x 330 before the 440 superb machines, Hatz engines with proper industrial clutches never put a spanner near them- Brought the 440 based on our history with the other chippers, put me off the bigger Schliesing tow along chippers-spent as much time in our workshop as it did working, went to Morbark and never looked back:001_smile:

im looking around for a chipper to buy in the new year possibly, and im stuck between a schleising and a TW, ive seen a 440 which is a 9" and would tackle everything i needed, and i would aim for a TW 190 which is a 7.5".

Im just after reviews on them, ive noticed the schleising is a 1999 machine, but ive used a PTO one before and it was a very solid machine and gave us no grief. Ive used a PTO timberwolf and it seemed less solid, like you had to be a bit more careful with it!

Any opinions would help! THanks

TP200. Best chipper on the market for its weight (1.3 tons) there is no contest its worth two of the timberwoilfs