I've had my trees cut down

Tom2020

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the council highways dept. have done the work they normally issue a warning first, then bill the owner for the work.

Do buses use the road?Around here, they use their own guys to trim back branches.Perhaps they`ve got a bit overenthusiastic.

Might be an avenue of enquiry.

• 3 weeks later...

Got round to what was kicking off

The owners of the field have gave it to a land agent to look after..The land agent has came out to the field and decided to get a tree surgeon in to remove the tree as he didn't like them and they might scratch his car,

The L.A came out 3 days later and seen what a mess they have made to the area.They have gone all out and made an example of the company by fining them £10,000 and the guy has been sacked further more they have to re-plant the trees with in the next 6-9 months or face more action.

This is down to villages as the Land is at the center of the village and they love the horses to bits.They have been up in arms about it for the last two weeks and finale got the result they where looking for.

I think you might have got something wrong here, firstly the LA don’t impose fines, that job belongs to the courts. The best the LA could muster would be a penalty charge

notice for parking. A prosecution for TPO breaches would be handled by the courts.

The time frame is monumentally fast. What you are saying is that the LA came out on the 24th of Nov (give or take a day) investigated and compiled a report to their legal department who then assessed the case and brought a prosecution, which has now been heard and the judgement has come down (in the nice round figure of 10K) and all of that in under 13 working days?

The courts usually allow any accused a reasonable time frame to assemble and conduct their defence, a couple of weeks is the probably the minimum a defendant could expect, anything less would be unreasonable and the defence would almost certainly ask for an extension

Are you sure of the facts?

One of the people who live in village works for the L.A and made it as a urgent case.The land agents Where called on the 30th and just said ok to it all that was there response.It went to court on the 1st of this month and seeing that the Land Agents dident give a crap they where hit head on and made as an example Like i said im going down this weekend so i will get all the facts then :)

Hi Tom

Please don't think I'm picking on you, and there's nothing more hated on the internet than the spelling police but you keep writing 'dident'

It might help if I take you through it step by step.

Dident is short for 'did not' so if you want to shorten it the apostrophe replaces the 'o' so it becomes 'didn't'.

I make at least one spelling mistake in every post I make, and I'm sure there will be mistakes in this post. But if nobody helps you don't improve.

If you take this the way it's intended you'll make other mistakes, but you won't do dident again.:001_smile:

All the best mate - Paul

Sorry m8 i got dyslexia Means my spelling is crap and grammar is even worse

dident sounds right to me so If it sounds right in my head ill write it down

But i will use did not. I did use microsoft word for a while to spell check it and got fed up Just quicker to chuck it up here

I understand and don't worry

:):):)