Pine Hell

gibbon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice piece of work Matt.

With hindsight, (and more control of the job) what would you have liked to have done diferently within restrictions imposed?

Just less stress. With arranging things last minute, not being on the tools for months and having an inexperienced crane operator show up put me in a bad mind set.

I would have liked an extra day, then one of my guys would have been up there as I'm hoping to step back from the contracting.

we dont see the stress mate from this side of the screen, we just see a master at work, at first when i started watching it i thought, ' whats the big deal, its only a pine, then i noticed it was 3 stems, and VERY high up, yikes ' well done indeed. i thought the crane guy was rejigging a bit when the piece want moving, i bet that was a brown pant moment lol

we dont see the stress mate from this side of the screen, we just see a master at work, at first when i started watching it i thought, ' whats the big deal, its only a pine, then i noticed it was 3 stems, and VERY high up, yikes ' well done indeed. i thought the crane guy was rejigging a bit when the piece want moving, i bet that was a brown pant moment lol

Thats a nice thing to say. All I can take credit for is organising the job and cutting pieces off. My ground crew take over as soon as its cut. If they say they can handle a piece I trust them 100%. If they mess up somethings going to go seriously wrong.

All the crane footage I got before the batery went was my usual driver so no issues there. The 1st section I cut with the agency driver was a bit twitchy as he was just freezing up. I'm still a bit sour that they sent such an inexperienced guy out to that site. We've got him in again next week so hopefully he'll chill a bit before then.

• 2 months later...