RB44 v Mog

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with a Dodge 50 for its time, but they are all getting near to the end of there useful life - you don’t see many about now.

didn’t the MoD try the RB44 a few times for different jobs to try and replace the venerable LR101 gun tractor only to find the RB44 lacking agenced the LR101 so keped the 101 in service.

if I recall you cannot get brake servo for RB44 any more as the last company that reconed them doesn’t any more so if the brake servo goes its as good as junk & the MoD ran out of brake servos years ago so units are hanging on to knackered RB44 to rob parts of to try and keep the ones that do have working.

I had a Dodge 50 4x4 for about 3 years Dean.

Was ex utility so had winch already fitted. I converted the box body on it by cutting down a 7.5 ton tipper body.

Was an awsome tool. . . . .And would tow a big chipper.

Bought it for about £1500 and cost me about the same to convert it.

Downside was that it would not do more than 55mph.

Had a Perkins 4.2 Diesel

Here's a photo

DODGEEE.jpg

I worked for a guy in South London who had one,not a bad Truck but pants off road compared to a Mog.

For a mainly road use truck with limited use off road and towing a chipper then,as a unit this might be a good choice.Somthing like the RB44 would have been our first choice if we didn't have to get into tight spaces and really go off road.

I worked for a guy in South London who had one,not a bad Truck but pants off road compared to a Mog.

For a mainly road use truck with limited use off road and towing a chipper then,as a unit this might be a good choice.Somthing like the RB44 would have been our first choice if we didn't have to get into tight spaces and really go off road.

We found the RB44 would go right through places that our U1750 sank in. I found its offroad ability to be excellent, even with a full load of chip and a chipper behind.