Oak Tree on Building

detritus21

It will most probably damage the building. There is already a fairly significant amount of damage to the roof and upper part of the wall. The situation is far from ideal. You could possibly use an all terrain crane but this would require the removal of other trees for access. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm more than willing to take them on board.

The first thing I would do is climb it and remove every thing but the stem.

Are there any decent sized trees to the left of your pic?? it looks like there could be. You could set up some pulleys in these trees and run lines over them to the fallen tree and see if you can lift the stem off the roof.(may take much less lifting than you think) If you can, then its just a case of chunking off enough to allow it to fall without hitting the building.

Could you get a unimog with hiab in??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple of decent sized trees to the left of the picture and a lot to foreground. I had also wondered about trying to lift it clear but thought it may be too heavy to shift that way but its not a true turning moment as the most weight is at the bottom unlike if it were a evenly distributed pole. I've stripped a fair bit out of it already its the top sections over the roof that really need stripping which will be with the help of a MEWP as there is a fair amount touching the building and it take some of the risk out of the equation, for me that is.

I've got access to a couple of different pullers to aid lifting/pulling.

You could easily get a mog with hiab in.

I'm liking the different suggestions and solutions.

What I'm really hoping for is take all the weight of and it lifts itself enough to clear the roof then it would be chogging down time. When I dropped the two big limbs there was a certain amount of lifting of the trunk just losing those two.

the damage is done, it wouldnt be bothered about saving any gutters now.:001_rolleyes: Remove those bottom limbs with a pole saw and then undercut the stem as high up as you can from the ground, it will fall and swing like a pendulum, the top underside branches that are compressed against the building will push away the crown at the same time as it falls to the ground, the butt should land closer to the building than the top and the crown will fall on the stump.

A few slates will fall, the cctv camera will need straightened and minimal risk to human being, job done:thumbup1:

the damage is done, it wouldnt be bothered about saving any gutters now.:001_rolleyes: Remove those bottom limbs with a pole saw and then undercut the stem as high up as you can from the ground, it will fall and swing like a pendulum, the top underside branches that are compressed against the building will push away the crown at the same time as it falls to the ground, the butt should land closer to the building than the top and the crown will fall on the stump.

A few slates will fall, the cctv camera will need straightened and minimal risk to human being, job done:thumbup1:

You rough bugger!!!:001_rolleyes:

thats not rough,:sneaky2: thats the safest best way to get it on the deck. Why risk climbing it, limbing it in the hope it doesnt move and then muck about with machinery on a grassy park to get that little oak off a scabby set of flats.:001_rolleyes:

All the pressure on that tree is into the ground, not the building. A few slates, a gutter and a couple of scrapes on some bricks for the cutters to tell a story about everytime they drive by it in the van, get it on the deck and go home, let Batman and Robin save the world:biggrin: