Man dies after inhaling fungal spores

scotspine1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iv seen it alot latley, u open ur paper and its knife crime this, terror plot that. and since when was it in the interst of a paper like the mail to report 100% un-bias facts?

I don't read the Mail, or any other paper on a regular basis, listen to radio 4. But the article listed here seemed a fair portrayal of the facts, so I really don't see your problem????????

The Sun has just decided to put forard a candidate for the bi-elaction with David Davies....Low brow tabloid fiddling....The mail is a patronising rag and not to be taken as gospel either IMO . Lymes disease is unlikely to kill you unless you are old and weak....some doctors would struggle to diagnose it!!!

Just to clarify, Lymes disease is not good to get: http://nationallymereport.com/?p=11#more-11 hype or not, these are health problems that will incapacitate or kill, surely just as important to bear in mind when filling out R/As. We all consider the risks of injuries through carrying out our day to day activities, but dont forget the "Health" in Health and Safety comes first, so give it consideration too!

Just to clarify, Lymes disease is not good to get: http://nationallymereport.com/?p=11#more-11 hype or not, these are health problems that will incapacitate or kill, surely just as important to bear in mind when filling out R/As. We all consider the risks of injuries through carrying out our day to day activities, but dont forget the "Health" in Health and Safety comes first, so give it consideration too!

Steady. Don't forget the risk from falling plane parts and then there is thunder storms and who could be lurking in the woods?

Am going to drive slowly to work tomorrow, spend two hours filling in my risk assessment, put on my anti- insect anti fugi anti saw anti disease suit and work with extreme caution. Drive home slowly have a shower slip and fall down the stairs!:sad:

Life is very very risky! :scared1:

Can ditto the down side of Lymes disease. Mate of mine (fell runner, climber, outdoor instuctor etc) picked up a tick on the isle of Rum. Got the halo round the bite, ended up in hospital with assorted tubes and drips. He made it through but is on the permanent sick now as he can just about walk 200m to the shops and thats him for the day.

Just check them, pull them and watch for the halo round the bite.

Lymes disease is very rare.

Think of all the people in Britain out there in the wilds in summer. How many cases per year?

You don't always know you have been biten by a tick and even if you do you can't see one third of your body to check if it is Lymes carrier.

So apart from including this in risk assesments do we carry assorted mirrors with us or get work mates to do full body check every day?

I asked a local GP friend about this very thing as he lives on the moors. He just laughed. Didn't even answer me and looked at me with a strained look on his face. The expression he meets his hypochondriac patients with.

Not taking the mick here, just think life is risky and we don't have to write every risk down on a peice of paper.

There are risks when inhaling fungal spores - we're a biological growing media inside. Which spores are the question and most cases of pneumonia are treated successfully without the physician ever running a swab test to find the source of infection.

In the U.S. there's a deadly aerogenosa bacteria that lives in all soils, most people aren't affected but some do die.

On the fear thing - me being from Texas and all....My God there are terrorists everywhere, posing as brown people picking our fruits and vegetables, lawyers and policewomen who are really Muslims waiting to kill us for being Americans, workers at our nuclear plants who are waiting for George Bush to leave office, then they're going to leak radioactive water into our school supplies and hospitals!!! We even have a secret Islamist extremeist who's fixing to win the presidential election and most Germans and all French people are going to bomb us soon, and every tomato we eat gave us foul bowel movements - another terror act to force us to bomb Iran soon, because they're fixing to launch nuke missle at us and they can be here in less than ten minutes!!!

Just glad we're committing to being in Iraq forever and teaching them a thing or two about democracy so we've avoided that terror threat and we're teaching Godly ways to those sand eating - turbin-wearing heathens.

We're scared as hell here, everyone's out to destroy us because they think they want to have and own everything we've worked real hard for and they haven't lifted a finger because they only know bombs and poisonous stuff.

I know this because our President said so - and our press loves him and everything he says because it's true.