Looking @ Bedford MJ/MK crane lorry

nevi11e

Thinking of buying one and could do with a query clearing up..

I have an 'old skool' licence and can drive 7.5 tonners but the truck is over that, so if it's 'ag' registered is it ok?

I'll be driving it on the road 90% of the time and running it on derv as it's not worth the grief of using red. Working within roughly 20 miles of the yard.

Oh! and do I need a operators licence as I'll use it for delivering woodchip/ logs as well as collecting my own timber?

Was going to ring VOSA but i've had a couple of beers now and will be talking tat down the phone...

Edited by nevi11e

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! and do I need a operators licence as I'll use it for delivering woodchip/ logs as well as collecting my own timber?

The only difference “own goods” makes to the licence is to the class of licence you need.

For own goods you can get away with a UK restricted licence which makes things simpler.

For own goods you can get away with a UK restricted licence which makes things simpler.

Not a lot simpler, the only difference now really is that you dont need a CPC holder, and the levels of available finance you have to show are a bit lower.

Not a lot simpler, the only difference now really is that you dont need a CPC holder, and the levels of available finance you have to show are a bit lower.

Well yes it is only a bit simpler but at least not having to do a cpc or pay someone to proxy it for you makes it a bit more affordable.