Waterproofing ya boots!

18 stoner

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, have i just had the rollocking of all time:blushing:

I only put them there to stop Louise falling over them!

Dave, cheers for the concern, but the rad is not on.

In the end I managed to buy some G Wax, said to be the equivellant to the old Nikwax and got it put on and worked in them yesterday.

I also bought some of the nikwax cream, and some chelsea wax.

I guess a good dosing from time to time will be the answer. Cheers for the tips, now all i have to do is choose which one to use next time. I do like some of the horsey ideas though.:thumbup:

arrh no probs ive heard Grangers waterproof products are also very good mainly used in the mountaineering world.Glad to hear ur treating them :-)

Yeh Dave, the lad i got the g-wax from said it was the same as grangers. Not sure though:confused1:

The pic above shows the boots looking dirty but its actually the surplus wax. Dare say it will soon wear off.

Had a funny moment with the lad in the shop though, it said for "smooth" leather on the tin, so i asked for "rough". He said well there isnt any, what is the leather like on your boots? When i said sort of swede, the look on his face was priceless, eventually following up with "but, but you cant put that stuff on swede, it will ruin the finish!"

After that he really took some persuading that the boots would soon loose the finish anyway, and he eventually let me have a tin:thumbup: