General Tree pics

Andy Collins

I love multi-stemmed silver Birch – Smashing trees and I bet they cosy a few £££’s.

Nice to see proper sized planting pits too!

The birch are 150ltr container grown from Barchams of Ely, approx 3m and 125 quid plus the vat, a line of 6 planted to create a screen of the footpath, the other side is made up of Prunus "Royal Burgundy" at either end, A platanoides Drumondii, A campestre, Drumondii. Other tree planted are Alnus glutinosa, Betula pendula Tristis, Carpinus betulus Crataegus laevigata Pauls Scarlet, Ilex aquafolium Alaska, Labunum vulgare multi-stem, Sorbus aria Mitchellii, S aucuparia Aspleniifolia, S Rossica Major, Taxus baccata, Tilia cordata, T cordata "Winter Orange". Plenty of seasonal interest , and different colours.

is that a 7900 you're using? how do you find it[/quote

7901, brilliant saw, running a 28" bar with no worries, had it just over a year, the firm i was subbying to today has a 395 and i always use mine over theirs...... cant wait for the responses to that comment

the only thing i will say is that it recently took nearly 2 months to get a part for it, luckily its not my only saw

Nice Zelkova in Sth London

I know that tree! (I think) Is it located on the South Circular nr. Dulwich college. If so the tree has more of a lean than it looks in the pic. One of the guys I worked for quoted to remove the tree a couple of times (the last time I know of being about 6 years ago).

The root plate is lifting considerably and the lean is right over the road and a busy junction. The LA decided to leave the tree as it would cause too much disruption to remove. If it fails I can't imagine the carnage it would cause...:scared1::scared1:

Zelkova.jpg.121dd3536d7e35854f075ca590f3324c.jpg

Edited by Rich Rule