Timber anyone in the market?

little&large

Hi everyone, i am just starting a felling job for 27no 3 - 4' dbh @ approx 75 - 80' high all Poplar - originally planted by Bryant & May for match sticks, but they have now realised it is cheaper to import!! Seams a shame to just cut it all up as it is all pretty straight must be of some use.

Is anyone interested or know of anone that could be?

Can get the timber to roadside and load if required.

cheers Andy.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cabinet maker friend of mine is insistent that it makes the finest stickers for kiln drying timber as it doesn't react with anything.

Hire a woodmizer for a couple of days and turn the whole lot into 3/4 inch and inch stickers. If you weren't so far away, I'd take some!

I would be interested in an arctic load as long as the transport does not kill it. Will use it for kindling. Based Andover Hants

how much do you get in an artic load??? I dont have transport but can get to roadside/load if needed. Pm me with contact details if you want to know more.

I have no idea what this timber would be worth so i am trusting peoples input!!!

I would be interested in an arctic load as long as the transport does not kill it. Will use it for kindling. Based Andover Hants

Hi Steve,,

How do you process your wood to kindling?

Im in cambs, and thinking I could set up and process this wood!

JAY

LittleandLarge,,,

Where abouts in cambs are you?

If you want some poplar for kindling, there is a couple of hundred tonnes near Kings Lynn which was felled early this year or late last year which needs a good home. All from about 250mm down to 80mm. If you are interested let me know and I will give you the number of the guy you need to speak to. I think he said a couple weeks ago that it was down to about 28%mc. Cant remember whether I cut it into 3m or 4m lenths

If you want some poplar for kindling, there is a couple of hundred tonnes near Kings Lynn which was felled early this year or late last year which needs a good home. All from about 250mm down to 80mm. If you are interested let me know and I will give you the number of the guy you need to speak to. I think he said a couple weeks ago that it was down to about 28%mc. Cant remember whether I cut it into 3m or 4m lenths

Hi woodworm

Im in Kings Lynn, where abouts is this wood?

Yeah right :001_rolleyes:

Maybe the first 2 inch from the cut ends :sneaky2:

I will need to find out about haulage. i think it would kill the job even if the wood was virtually free. To turn this into kindling efficiently you will need a wood processor and a kindlett machine. If you can retail it in quantity great if you wholesale it you need to look at figures really closely. Very competative market.

The moisture content I dont think will be too much of a problem because when cut into sticks kept under cover in the wind will be dry in weeks, skyhuck may be able to shed more light on this as we have only done virgin construction offcuts which luckily is kiln dried.