Arbocom headsets

Dean Lofthouse

Had a play with them all day today courtesy of Bob :thumbup1:

Awesome things and would love to buy some, I can see one day it being a standard piece of equipment that we all use, but first they need to bring them down to a more realistic price

Very clear communications even with your head stuck inside the chipper hopper

Saves loads of time, frustration and shout, you can almost whisper and still hear each other, the best part is taking the mick out of the customer whilst your groundy is talking to them and trying to keep a straight face :lol:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a load of probs with mine so far and have been sent back numerous times. Something to do with the circuit boards and they are struggling with production to be able to replace them. So a lot of waiting around for them and I really do miss them.

But also, I was told they might be able to get them to work 3way but it doesn't sound like they will for quite a while.

You can however have a similar but different set up for up to a 4way for about 2 and a bit grand!!! Would be nice but a big sting in the wallet.

I was told they might be able to get them to work 3way but it doesn't sound like they will for quite a while.

You can however have a similar but different set up for up to a 4way for about 2 and a bit grand!!! Would be nice but a big sting in the wallet.

Do you really need 3 way???

Surely the guys on the ground can communicate with each other normally and the guy up the tree can speak to one of them and that one can relay any info to the climber.

Surely the guys on the ground can communicate with each other normally and the guy up the tree can speak to one of them and that one can relay any info to the climber.

Huck, you are the control freak king, you would love these babbies, remote controlling the ground crew, its brilliant:thumbup:

i have been using these for about 4 years now Dean, priceless mate. If you want my old set you can have them, 1 packed in and the guy from arborcoms said he would look at them and if it was cost effective he would fix them, i am sure we could work something out:001_rolleyes:

I'll have a look at them myself mate :thumbup1:

Bring em with you

Had a play with them all day today courtesy of Bob

Awesome things and would love to buy some, I can see one day it being a standard piece of equipment that we all use, but first they need to bring them down to a more realistic price

Very clear communications even with your head stuck inside the chipper hopper

Saves loads of time, frustration and shout, you can almost whisper and still hear each other, the best part is taking the mick out of the customer whilst your groundy is talking to them and trying to keep a straight face QUOTE]

Now that sounds like too much fun to miss out on! Funny i was thinking about these the other day, I spend so much of my time waiting to get my groundies (3) attention, stuck in an awckward place holding a branch that I really wanted to just push away but couldnt, they cant hear me cos they have their ear defenders and chipper and NEVER seem to look up:thumbdown:

Should now be HS recomended practice, it is ONE of the things that ACTUALY would benifit us all:thumbup1:

Im with huck, confusion could ensue, you only need one man to respond and you dont need any confusion when you need posative action rather than three headless guys/gir;s wondering whos going to take the lead.

Huck, you are the control freak king, you would love these babbies, remote controlling the ground crew, its brilliant:thumbup:

I would NEVER have guessed that about our huck:lol:

Full Duplex ( can both talk at the same time)

Full noise cancelling

10 hours talk

1 week standby

3 hour charge

500m range

can accept or reject phone calls

£240 per PAIR

Motorbike Intercom taking you further

The technology has been out there for a while, I just think because they are sticking them in a pair of ear muffs instead of an helmet they are charging the earth

Full Duplex ( can both talk at the same time)

Full noise cancelling

10 hours talk

1 week standby

3 hour charge

500m range

can accept or reject phone calls

£240 per PAIR

Motorbike Intercom taking you further

The technology has been out there for a while, I just think because they are sticking them in a pair of ear muffs instead of an helmet they are charging the earth

Then its time we all got together and spoke to the patent holder/manafacturer of the technology and get them to adapt Arb helmets for the market that cleary exists, we should all have them, its just too good, answering phone calls is a brucey!