superwinch h14

LisaB

hello lads .this isnt lisa its her better half been lurking for a while now an this is a very helpfull fourm. anyway got myself a 110 td5 tipper .today i did a job an thay had a old landy 300 tdi sitting there an asked if i wanted an parts .its got a superwinch h14 on it .its i good nick but its pto driven so would this fit mine or what are my options? thay said i could have it if i flop one more tree for them .will the pto shafts an box fit my td5 or is there a diffrence ? the tree ten mins so dont mind spending out on a conversion kit or something . anyway how does the superwinch bear up to tree work never delt with pto before

cheers:thumbup1:

What are they offering you, the vehicle or the winch?

If it’s the winch it’s worth up to half a grand depending on condition, if it’s the vehicle and winch why are you asking and not cutting?

PTO winches are as strong as it gets the PTO should fit but if it won’t just ebay it and buy one that will.

Andy.

The shaft is different on a TD5 and the one on that landy will not fit straight on. I am unsure if it will fit with modification, but when i got mine on my 300Tdi it was explained then that they were incompatible. The winch is as good as they get IMO, so may be worth it anyway for a tree!

cheers lads thought it was to good to be true .the winch is good nick .looks like a rite pain in the arse to get of tho .im sure my angle grinder says otherwise il get the winch an bumper .do you know if you can convert it to a hydrolic pump of the gearbox ?

hi,a pto driven winch can not be converted to hydraulic as the castings are different for the hydraulic motor.get the pto one then flog it on fleabay!

I agree on the fleabay option but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The H14 comes in hydraulic, it might mean changing a part or two but you can modify it.

The other option is to bung a hydraulic motor on the existing input shaft. You would need to know the input shaft speed requirements and sort out the hydraulic flow to suit or you might end up with a winch that will pull a house down but will take a week to do it.

Andy

This winch is the newer type of the fairey 525 from when superwinch bought them out. Now the pto for the series/tdis is different but if the td5 uses the same transfer box then the tdi type pto should fit. The shaft and bearings are the real issue but you should be able to make the thing fit!! i have fitted my winch to 3 different land rovers now and if i can get the shaft past a block of flats perkins 4.236 in my old hicap then the td5 should be easy!! :lol: now when i sold the tdi pto to find a series one it sold for arounf 250 on its own and the series type cost me 200. The whole kit is worth 500-600 but rarley comes up complete. The winches alone make up to 300ish. There is also a hydro pump to fit instead of the pto but these arevery expensive and dont often come up.

pto is an exellent winch! i have some pics of my old 110 with it fitted from underneath if it helps!:biggrin:

Cannot comment on the technical side but I have a H14 with a hydraulic pump on my tipper tdi. V.powerful and reliable I use a hand throttle to speed up the reel in and a radio remote with arange of 120mtrs for felling and many other uses. With a pulley it has persuaded some very recalcitrant trees to do as they are told.

It also have a plug in point for hydraulic tools.

Its going to be sold soon if anyone is interested around the 10k mark as I cannot register it here in France.