firewood prices !

33bk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because they are nice clean uniform looking logs, use a band saw as a firewood processor, end product worth three times as much, you will learn, learn , learn :lol:

yes point taken, but are they really worth that sort of money? And dont forget the vat and delivery! This is a big eye opener to me as the guy has sold a 100+ bags .wish it was me!

I'm in same predicament bud,gypo's undercutting my prices and I don't know what to do,my sales have actually ceased since they started.

Do I drop and match? Do I have a "word" and tell them to sling there hook.or do I continue with faith in my product.

People want everything for nothing nowadays.Really gets under my skin

I'm in same predicament bud,gypo's undercutting my prices and I don't know what to do,my sales have actually ceased since they started.

Do I drop and match? Do I have a "word" and tell them to sling there hook.or do I continue with faith in my product.

People want everything for nothing nowadays.Really gets under my skin

Really need to know where the timber is coming from. If its legitimate tree surgery then they will only have limited supply and it may be worth buying up cheap and selling later. Unfortunately theft from forests is on the increase and in these circumstances buying it up will only make things worse.

I started to doubt myself too... which as a result led to me slashing my prices to match those being cast about by pottential customers. Stick to your guns because quality firewood and quality reliable service always wins - it takes time and a hard slog, but you will get there.

I realised i was underselling my firewood by a long way, which makes no sense given the hard work put into producing it. If it has to stay drying out in my wood barn, then so be it... but i'm definately not going to give it away!

Steve - I think you over moderate - I think the description of the people involved was entirely accurate. Why can't we call these folk what they are - It upsets me deeply that in these PC times we have to pander to these TGB's feelings.

feel free to start your own site where the liability can be on your shoulders.....whilst you're here you'll abide by the site rules please, which are in place for good reason.....its not open to debate