the body language of Decay, The Delights of D

I sometimes worry im stating the obvious, then a couple of guys like those above come along and say "blimey i just learnt something"

its going to take an age to wade through my library to find the right images for this, i have some 20'000 to look through and file but as long as you lot feel this way about the subject i shall do my very upmost to keep the quality high.

No dont worry, we learn a lot from you Master Dryad, and dont forget the silent followers....:001_rolleyes:

The ones too shy to ask! By all means do state the obvious!:thumbup:

No dont worry, we learn a lot from you Master Dryad, and dont forget the silent followers....:001_rolleyes:

The ones too shy to ask! By all means do state the obvious!:thumbup:

are you buttering me up or something!:lol:

I wish you was here to see the hericium sunday, spoke to ben today and he says its become the behemoth I knew it would!

Im so excited, i will probably have an embolism up the tree!:lol:

are you buttering me up or something!:lol:

I wish you was here to see the hericium sunday, spoke to ben today and he says its become the behemoth I knew it would!

Im so excited, i will probably have an embolism up the tree!:lol:

NO! It´s called "Humble encouragement":001_tongue:

Yeah so jealous... Found a Hericium corraloides though!!!! In my hometown last weekend at the old shooting range, growing on a Balsampoplar on the floor. Pity it was past its best, but will have a look next year as apparently it has been there the last 2 years.

NO! It´s called "Humble encouragement":001_tongue:

Yeah so jealous... Found a Hericium corraloides though!!!! In my hometown last weekend at the old shooting range, growing on a Balsampoplar on the floor. Pity it was past its best, but will have a look next year as apparently it has been there the last 2 years.

get yourself stamets book and prepair yourself so when you find this one again, you can generate mycelium for colonising new trees:001_cool:

Ive got a bag of hericium going from a couple of bits of the rotten wood out of that tree in kent!:thumbup1:

came across this cherry today Hama and the base looks like on the pictures you posted yesterday, it doesn't look as pronounced on the photos. I thought it might be just a graft but the graft on these cherry trees was higher up:confused1: I probably have it totally wrong but at least you have me looking more:blushing:

59765890187c5_Keirasphone3352.jpg.515c6eb0f62eff272e705b3e4ec041c0.jpg

5976589015b1f_Keirasphone3351.jpg.e153e002bd2033b117989e35a91be41e.jpg

5976589013d1a_Keirasphone3350.jpg.c2341a1f123d9379539ab52d046e83c5.jpg

597658901162c_Keirasphone3349.jpg.2f69b1bc6c45aadfab9a04c88d73a313.jpg

came across this cherry today Hama and the base looks like on the pictures you posted yesterday, it doesn't look as pronounced on the photos. I thought it might be just a graft but the graft on these cherry trees was higher up:confused1: I probably have it totally wrong but at least you have me looking more:blushing:

Nice one lorry, now, this ones pholiota squarosus, a root decay fungi that is also responsible for forming cavities within the butt of many broadleafs, not seen it on Cherry before. It will cause a swell low down and on the major roots, as your eye told you was the case:thumbup1:

big fat wide roots are usualy the result of an internal decay pressence, a lot of poeple do not realise it, but many a tree is decayed, it takes a little while, but when you see the language of the various strategies of decay youll know they are there long before they fruit, and long after too.

This does have a down side, too many folk with eyes on this level and the trees being felled around town will go through the roof!:sneaky2:

I would not have noticed the bulges unless i read your thread last night mate cheers:001_smile: I'm learning from you all the time I know its pretty basic but I've spent all my years learning to climb and fell and neglected this side of our industry its much appreciated Hama:thumbup:

Youll have to come along on a foray with us one day lorry, reckon you would get a LOT out of it.:thumbup1: