operating jet winch

grenadier

Hi guys

I recently bought a jet winch similar to a tirfor and am having problems operating it probably through my own stupidity. Its a good tool the only problem is once i have winched some thing over i cant get it to release the wire rope so i can pull it out. I am stuck pumping the handle for ages feeding the rope out to put it away. The instructions are in very broken english and i cant really decipher them. Any one using one. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi mate,

Put both silver levers pointing back, and then push the front black lever HARD back aswell, it will go just needs some encouragement.

Hope that helps

Yeah, if it's the 5 ton version both levers pointing back then push the front handle back and downwards by hand it should lock into a position and stay there - that will allow you to pull the cable out freely.

Don't use your feet on the front handle though as I tried this and the handle snapped, had to wait 6 months for the new part.

The handle should just push forward when you've finished. The handle has to be in the backwards position though inorder to feed the cable back innext time you use it.

The Jet Rope Hoist is a great winch so long as you look after it