Why do my MS200's only last a 18 months!

benedmonds

What gets me is Stihl knew they had a problem, they told their dealers they had a problem but they didn't tell us the people that use the saws.... and when you're getting frustrated up a tree because the thing won't idle... and you had to send the carb in, wait a couple of weeks before a replacement.... just not impressed really...:thumbdown:

IMO, some of you guys need to get better dealers!!!

I buy a new 020 nearly every year, for two years in a row they ran crap from new.

My dealer fitted new old model carbs to my saw, while I waited.

I have had a new 020 over the last year and it have been fine, I think the problem as been sorted.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had 6 ms200t's and every one of them has had to have a new carb , stihl have been less than helpfull throughout this and after the third carb i called stihl technicle and asked what the problem so they basicly blamed the manufacturer of the carbs and told me what the model number of the carbs was that have caused the problem, great i said so later that evening a had a look at two other saws , one was nearly new (about2 months old) and the other was brand new and dontyou know they have the same faulty carb fitted !!. next day im back on the phone to stihl asking why both my new saws still have that carb ???? i did not get an answer from them i gave them the serial numbers of the saw's and asked the guy too look into it . About a week later i got a call from him saying that he still does not know wh this happened etc etc so i asked him for 2 replacment carbs as i did not want to wait for them to go wron one day when out on site because like he said they all seem to go wron at around the same amount of hours use !!! The answer i got from him was NO stihl does not and will not do that , you will just have to wait till they go wrong but if they are older then a year (which by the ammount of hours it takes for them to start going wrong) i will have to pay as the waranty will have expired !!!!

Im now really hoping that Husky bring out a serious contender to the MS200T and soon !!!!! if it were to be as good as the ms200t but without all the breakdowns then i would be quickly moving over to them !!

Stihl would never in a million years ever admit they had a problem . I've dealt with machine tool makers that hail from the same country and mindset .

No sense sugar coating it,that lot is just plain bull headed .

The 200T's are about the best actual pro model trim saw on the market but this carb issue thing certainly has blacked their eye .

Those little things are not cheap any where in the world and to pony up that much money only to have problems like that would be very discouraging,to say the least .