Petition to reduce fuel duty.

Bushbaby

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty30/

This is a government petition that i thought everybody in the industry would be interested to see.

The petition reads as follows;

"We the undersigned petition the government to lower the current levels of taxation on fuels within all UK territories. Petrol, Diesel, Heating Oil and Gas by at least 30%

The current cost is unsustainable to the average family. I myself drive 60 miles per day to work and home again and can not maintain this level of spending (even in our current diesel car) The fuel prices in the UK are simply ridiculous the fault in this case does not lay with the fuel companies it is completely the governments over taxing the hard working people in the United Kingdom.

This petition is not the same as http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/FuelDuty99 we are calling for the reduction of all fuel prices Petrol, Diesel and Home heating Fuel and Gas among others."

There are currently over 157,000 signatures, including my own. It is also the second highest currently petitioned issue, lets see if we can raise this figure.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I wont sign the petition. The price of oil is never going to go down, its time we started organizing our lives around it.

What I have signed for is for the government to increase the Vat on diesel and drop the duty, creating an essential user rebate.