some of mine and my dads landrovers

my old land rover 90 TD my firstcar lol

21966_100323166667937_100000707617085_6524_3912277_n.jpg

my current landrover 110 with custom king cab

65833_156000201100233_100000707617085_314623_6445785_n.jpg

the offroader land rover lightweight fitted with 3.5 V8 super fun

58965_149744061726096_100000715084445_297382_6935235_n.jpg

landrovers are in my blood as my dads a landrover mechanic lol :thumbup:

Yes they are all 750x16 military type, I find the 10ply rating copes well with heavy loads :thumbup1: Never had a puncture yet :sneaky2:

I had a set on a 90 once, think I have the spare at the back of the yard which was in good condition last time I saw it. You are welcome to it if it's any good to you. Where abouts are you.

I've looking at getting a landy for a while now, whats the mpg like? what are they like for rot? are the hard/expensive to lift yourself? and is there anything i should look out for when buying an old one?

cheers guys!

you'll never keep the oil in, and you'll never keep the water out...:lol:

Don tbuy a land rover if you are worried about mpg. I get around 20 mpg, but have oversize tyres and a roofrack though.

Defenders do have 2 common rot spots, as mentioned around the bulkhead and rear crossmember, although the yaer makes a difference- k reg were bad for bulkheads for example. That said, a looked after model willl carry on for years without rot.

They are very very easy to work on., and very cheap on parts. They are like a big meccano set, and the engine you are after is about as basic and bombproof as they come. Personaly i wouldnt waste my money on one, as they are very inefficient and gutless. The 200/ 30 tdi's are both superb.

When looking at older ones, then if it is a hi-cap it will have almost certainly had a hard life, albeit a well looked after life. Damage and rot to the chassis are obvious things to look for. Play in the steering box. excessive slack in the transmision, which could be as simple as a propshaft u-j. I pay about £8 for these, and fit them myself in under an hour.

there is no such thing as a "cheap" landy. If you think you are getting a mega bargain, there is probably a reason or two:sneaky2:

If its your first one, i strongly advise taking someone along who knows land rovers- you learn to recognise a problem from normal quirks particular to your vehicle.

Oh- and never forget- if you buy a defender, you are basically buying a glorified tractor, with about as many refinements:lol:

my td5 land rover has no leaks with 106k miles on the clock, my old 1985 land rover had no leaks when I sold it with >425k miles on it :001_tt2:

still wish I had my old land rover, as I Peugeot powered it and it pulled like a train eclipsing more powerful tdi's with its puny N/A 72hp :biggrin:

an image of my old 90 earning its keep winching timber out of a brook

5976584fe75b6_oldlr.jpg.5e01676cdefb00f5c0c02dc4eacba407.jpg