Looking for beech or ash cord wood in Hampshire

gensetsteve

I have a large customer base who have been fed Beech. Because I buy in all my cord I may aswell process what people want. I have nothing against other species but if I take in arb waste we get willow chestnut and birch. I assume people keep the best stuff back. I have found the customer will pay a good price for dry seasoned beech.

birch is one of the nicest woods to mix in, if you start just pandering to folks like that it spoils them, as all wood is good, if you give it time to dry out, soon we shall all have to offer mixed species whether hard or soft or mixed between them. nothing wrong with arb waste steve, and calling it waste doesnt help promote firewood sales really, as a good mixed load of wood priced accordinly well will be a good product to anyone - j:thumbup1:

birch is one of the nicest woods to mix in, if you start just pandering to folks like that it spoils them, as all wood is good, if you give it time to dry out, soon we shall all have to offer mixed species whether hard or soft or mixed between them. nothing wrong with arb waste steve, and calling it waste doesnt help promote firewood sales really, as a good mixed load of wood priced accordinly well will be a good product to anyone - j:thumbup1:

Point taken. I will call it arb arisings. Problem is I cant get hold of either and given the choice would you pay the same for mixed twisty stuff or 24 tonnes of straight 10" beech harvested from a forest. I have had transits show up with 1/2 tonne of willow twigs and asking for £70. I would be happy to have a deal with a tree surgeon who has no interest in firewood But I find if they got oak and beech on they will pass the gate willow and less desirable species they swing in.

Steve, sent you a Q on another thread. I work at a number of country parks and nature reserves in my spare time when the army doesn't need my services. I do a bit of woodland management and will be cutting a few ash, birch, willow and oak this winter. Happy to discuss the art of the possible, cost etc. If you are interested PM me and we'll chat more. Cheers :thumbup1:

Yo. Which country park/reserves do you work at?