Are Timberwolf chippers really that good ??

combined tree services

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tommer 19k for a machine built in this country is not what i would call cheep especially when its is a 7.5 inch chipper not a 9 , yes i agree that schleisling, vermere etc are more expensive by far but look at the pound against the euro at the moment pluss import fees etc , and alot of the gear brought in from the eu or usa is actually put through alot more testing before it is allowed to be sold as a product .

Yeah true, but there is a big difference, more than exchange rates etc, and have been before the economy went tits up. There is alot more machine too.

British labour is more expensive than abroad too.

I dunno- im no expert, just trying to find possible reasons for it:001_smile:

I was certainly more impressed with the build on your old 190 than on any of the 150s, but nonetheless, it is a lighter machine than others that have been mentioned. The bearing issue is nowt to do with build quality, as you say. There ought to be a better bearing fitted with a grease nipple. Simple.

Agree 100% tommer I got a 150 and think it's a little belter but the bearing seems to be the only let down so if they fitted a greasable bearing it would be an unbeatable machine???

Personally, I think unless they completely redesign it and beef it up all round, it will never be unbeatable.....:001_rolleyes:

the actual law is simple really

your vehicle has a GVW, a maximum weight it is allowed to be.

It also has a GTW, the maximum weight it can be itself with a trailer

and a maximum towing weight

at no time should the trailer exceed the maximum towing weight

at no time should the vehicle exceed its maximum gross vehicle weight

the train weight is merely the two maximums added, but both should be adhered to seperately

yes in most cases & no in other cases ;)

some vehicles the vehicle max GVW & the trailer max GVW add up to more than the max GTW.

e.g. the max GTW of some earlier LR was less than the combined max GVW of both the vehicle & trailer added together! :001_rolleyes:

On a sub note you know the popular Dixon-Bate 3.5T Universal with 25mm Pin has a D value of 17.5KN, if you attach a trailer of 3500kg fully loaded then the towing vehicle cannot exceed 3660kg or you exceed the maximum D value of 17.5KN, if you use a Dixon-Bate 5.0T Universal with 32mm Pin with the same trailer then the maximum towing vehicle weight is ~5300kg and it can only be accomplished legality by using a towing eye & not the ball as the ball is still limited to 17.5KN and the jaw to 20.66KN.