Are Timberwolf chippers really that good ??

combined tree services

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day the bearings went on our machine,it gave no warning the belts just started to slip that was the only warning,we got and if i hadnt had the scence to turn it off straight away who knows what else might have broke in its defence though,it never gave us any problems other than the bearings chipped every day all day never missing a beat,sort the bearings out and youve got one hell of a chipper.

This bearing issue is appaling!

I had a small diesel twin roller timberwold a 125/d or something like that, they no longer make them but it was IMO the best one they ever made, one man could push it about the place, i think it only wieghed 540kg or 640kg.

They now only do a similar with a pertol engine and one roller:thumbdown:

The day they re make the old rugerini engined diesel powered twin rollerd one is the day i go back to wolf and get geared up again!:thumbup:

The last time I checked the TW 125 petrol does come with twin rollers. We hire one at the moment and find it is a good machine but occasionally blocks up on wet brash or leylandi.

Im interested in the bearing life as we are close to buying a TW 125 Or the Greenmech equivalent 13-25.

The greenmech 13-25 (I think thats the name of it) has an option of a petrol or diesel engine. The small machines are definately on our favourates as whats the point of chipping material bigger than 5 inchs when it can be sold or burned.

whats the point of chipping material bigger than 5 inchs when it can be sold or burned.

I dont sell logs any more, so for me the advantage is less time on site, less processing wood to go through the chipper, the huge fluffy bits on the end of macrocarpa and leylandii etc (most softwoods) arent a problem (less dressing before the chipper) and I have a market for chip too.

When i sold logs though, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with your sentiment :001_smile:

Point taken Tommer.

We take all the wood we can as we use wood to pay for our yard space off a very good friend.

that is the only problem with the small machines. But when you have a larger machine on your tow bar, this increase in weight decreases the weight amount you can carry in chip and wood.

We find it a challenge when you are on site to fit everything on your truck without feeling you might be exceeding the weight limit. Towing a light chipper helps us to feel that we are trying to keep the weight down (no excuse I know)

the weight you're towing has no bearing on the weight you're allowed to carry on your truck though

Im not saying you're wrong but I was always told if you are pulled over with a heavy load they will take the chipperweight into account if you are overweight.

I would love to see the actual rules/laws on this as I think it is a problem we all face.

the actual law is simple really

your vehicle has a GVW, a maximum weight it is allowed to be.

It also has a GTW, the maximum weight it can be itself with a trailer

and a maximum towing weight

at no time should the trailer exceed the maximum towing weight

at no time should the vehicle exceed its maximum gross vehicle weight

the train weight is merely the two maximums added, but both should be adhered to seperately