if you could get away with it would you!!

plippy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not phone the parents of her mate to really see if she was camping out??

if my kids are going anywhere i check then double check who they are with and go round and meet the parents of the kid they have befriended, i would rather be a dad like that than one putting my kid in the ground when she is found in a ditch.

it a hard choice but i would give her hell as she has broken the trust you bestowed upon her and i would let her realise that if she wants to be an adult then she has to act like one and be resposible.

:dito:

I alway know where my kids are and who with.

Yes Tommer,I took part of my last post from Robert.S.

I know the consquences of what can hapen to our young ones,got the T shirt from when I was young.It is so important for different parents to comunicate with each other as gardians of the kids they have,and to look out for each others children too.:thumbup1:

hey geoff, the misses done some ringing round last nite so the parents know now, as for checking where they are, she only hangs round the same group of girls so we know where she is, we have all the numbers for where she sleeps over so theres no need to ring, just this time she abused the trust we had with her.

she wont be sleeping over anywhere for a very long time

I think you had the right approach Phil. If you fly into one, go off at the deep end, they just see it as a challenge to be beaten. I like the "disappointed" approach, it weighs far more heavily in their minds for far longer. I expect a call, or a text, from my 19year old to let me know where he's going and what he's doing, just so we dont worry when we hear of an accident or incident, and after all, he lives in my house and I expect the courtesy of knowing whether or not he's coming home or not. Its probably a tougher call with girls, I'd worry far more I suppose.

I think you had the right approach Phil. If you fly into one, go off at the deep end, they just see it as a challenge to be beaten. I like the "disappointed" approach, it weighs far more heavily in their minds for far longer. I expect a call, or a text, from my 19year old to let me know where he's going and what he's doing, just so we dont worry when we hear of an accident or incident, and after all, he lives in my house and I expect the courtesy of knowing whether or not he's coming home or not. Its probably a tougher call with girls, I'd worry far more I suppose.

i used to fly of on one with the eldest when she was younger but i agree with you andy, the dissapointed one works a treat :lol: the eldest is now more responsible with txtin and ringing now which is great, her boyfriend drops her of at nite and doesnt leave til she waves at him from the window:thumbup1:

it is alot harder with girls and the fact that their not mine but they usually do as their told and do what is asked of them, both of them are usually very responsible so i should feel lucky that they arnt pregnant or abusing drugs, i think ( hope ) this is an isolated event, even though their not my proper daughters its scares the hell out of me when they dont txt or ring and i panic more than mrs plippy, their real dad is only around on birthdays and xmas and the girls have notcied this and are aware that its me that does things for them and its mrs plippy and i tha go without so they can have what they need, within reason:001_smile:

I agree Geoff. Isnt it simply good, basic parenting?

hi tommer, the girls are 14 and 19 and ive only been with mrs plippy for 5years now, i dont have any children of mine own, so parenting is new to me really, ive only raised the girls since they wer 14 and 9, it was alot for me to take on board having not raised any children before

IF I ever have kids, how two faced would i be to come down hard on them?

If they only ever do half the crap i got upto as a young man etc I would be extatic!

I was from the age of around 17 an absolute nightmare, well, not a nightmare but just realy not doing the right things I was a teen in the warehouse days, i was doing the best impersonation of Jim morrisons/kieth flints lifestyle as i could possible muster!

My parents where not strict, hardly bateed an eyelid, i would like to think that this freedom and allowance for natural childhood curiosity/experimentation and exploration enabled me to get it out of my system quickly and get my life straight well ahead of my mates, who still to this day (those mates) cant hold a job down, still cant hold an inteligent conversation and still treat their bodies like some sort of chemical depository.

Its a fine line between control and freedom to grow up. i dont envy ANYONE the role of parenthood, it is a mindfield of physcology that noone ever gets 100% right.

Kids have more inteligence and more sense than we typicaly give them credit for, when we give them room to breath they can and often do turn out just fine, i say let them find out on thier own terms just how flipping stupid they are! they will grow up darn quick when they see it, rather than feeling they are controlled and rebeling against THAT

hi tommer, the girls are 14 and 19 and ive only been with mrs plippy for 5years now, i dont have any children of mine own, so parenting is new to me really, ive only raised the girls since they wer 14 and 9, it was alot for me to take on board having not raised any children before

No one is an expert at it mate,you sound like you are doing right by the kids and hat off to you there,by the time were confident at it the kids are grown up!:001_smile: