if you could get away with it would you!!

plippy

Tbh and no offense but I think you need to be a responsible parent and tell the other parents.

I would imagine you would be more than a little annoyed if this kind of thing had already gone on in the past but the other parents thought it best to not say anything.

Theres a very good reason why the number of single teenage mums is going through the roof these days.

No harm may have been done that you know of, it might be different in 9 months time!

[

Absoloutely.

I cannot believe you are even considering whether a bunch of 14 year old girls think you are evil dad or not. Its your place to be an authority figure as a parent, as much as being carer etc etc.:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound famililar. Its all part of growing up i mean this with the upmost respect but teenagers are doing things younger or so it seems this sort of thing isnt uncommon and i was doing the same thing 4 years ago at that age. Make it clear that its not so much the drinking etc etc its the fact she lied and youve abused the trust etc etc i know when my mother said stuff like that i felt awful.

good luck phil

I personaly think your between a rock and a hard place anyone can give you advice but on this ocassion,i think you need to take your own,i was young once i pulled all kinds of stunts,this situation is happening to you so you must do what you feel is right,for what its worth i recon you made the right choice this time if it happens again however you must take no prisoners,and she needs to know that,my son has just turned 13 so the next few years should be interesting,good luck matey.

thanks for all ya suggestions, she came told me today that she was sorry for what she done and that she loves us dearly.

normally id kick off and go barmy but this time i said nothing and i think thats wot scared her, it has to be said that she doesnt do this sort thing at all normally and that it was an isolated event, when she oppologised she said she was sorry for scaring us and that she felt selfish for what she'd done, apparently the girls that was with her have all said they felt like crap the next day and asked izzy to say they wer sorry for that nite.

fairplay, not many teenagers could be bothered to even oppologise so i accept that.

mrs plippy and i did sit izzy down and explain wot happens to drunk girls of 14 at 3am in the morning and she took it on board

so i come home from the APF to find that my wife is going out for the evening with her mates, the eldest is going for a meal with her boyfriend and the youngest ( Izzy ) is gona pitch a tent in her mates garden and sleepover.

i wake up at 3am to find a strange noise coming from downstairs, i go down to find izzy in the toilet and her friend sat in the kitchen looking a bit well p1ssed, both are 14.

turns out they had all told each others parents that they wer camping at each others place, wot really happened was that they had gone to a party and all been drinking, then i hear someone knocking on the front door, i open the door to find a couple of 14year old boys saying is izzy coming out, bearing in mind its 3am i asked them to fook off or i il kick ya head in, my main worry was that they wer obviously drunk as well and told them if they had anything else in mind that id be hunting them down and taking thier heads of with the biggest saw i could find.

then in the morning at 8am theres a knock and its the other girl friends of izzy's with her stuff, turns out the other girls had been walking round town so they didnt av to sleep at the party, so told them to come in and the misses took them home.

we told the girls we wouldnt say anything to their parents as we didnt want any back lash on izzy and hoped they had learnt their lessons, as you can imagine izzy is grounded until she's old enough to vote and taken away all the relevant toys, i.e. laptop and nintendo wii.

i know i definetly done stuff like this when i was her age and got the slipper for it, if i got caught :lol: but do you have any stories of when you wer younger and did you get caught??

Did you not phone the parents of her mate to really see if she was camping out??

if my kids are going anywhere i check then double check who they are with and go round and meet the parents of the kid they have befriended, i would rather be a dad like that than one putting my kid in the ground when she is found in a ditch.

it a hard choice but i would give her hell as she has broken the trust you bestowed upon her and i would let her realise that if she wants to be an adult then she has to act like one and be resposible.

The teenage years are in the post for me so i may change my views:lol:

oh and micks response was funny.

EDIT, just read your post plippy its worked out fine then.

No point in ripping the hell out of her,you did right sitting her down & explaining things,you realy should tell the other girls parents what happened soonest.

My daughter is also a good lass,capable of realising when she has messed up....after the event that placed her in harms way.

That's the nature of things when you are young,and they learn by thier mistakes,(that is in the plural).

I had a reason to be concerned six mounths ago with my daughter(step),and the other parents that knew but did not inform me had the problem of me...my daughter was treated in much the same way as you have done.

You would do well to quietly give them a heads up on this one in my opinion.

:001_smile:

Did you not phone the parents of her mate to really see if she was camping out??

if my kids are going anywhere i check then double check who they are with and go round and meet the parents of the kid they have befriended

This I always do,it's a good way of helping parents to comunicate & keep an eye on each others kids.:thumbup1: