if you could get away with it would you!!

plippy

so i come home from the APF to find that my wife is going out for the evening with her mates, the eldest is going for a meal with her boyfriend and the youngest ( Izzy ) is gona pitch a tent in her mates garden and sleepover.

i wake up at 3am to find a strange noise coming from downstairs, i go down to find izzy in the toilet and her friend sat in the kitchen looking a bit well p1ssed, both are 14.

turns out they had all told each others parents that they wer camping at each others place, wot really happened was that they had gone to a party and all been drinking, then i hear someone knocking on the front door, i open the door to find a couple of 14year old boys saying is izzy coming out, bearing in mind its 3am i asked them to fook off or i il kick ya head in, my main worry was that they wer obviously drunk as well and told them if they had anything else in mind that id be hunting them down and taking thier heads of with the biggest saw i could find.

then in the morning at 8am theres a knock and its the other girl friends of izzy's with her stuff, turns out the other girls had been walking round town so they didnt av to sleep at the party, so told them to come in and the misses took them home.

we told the girls we wouldnt say anything to their parents as we didnt want any back lash on izzy and hoped they had learnt their lessons, as you can imagine izzy is grounded until she's old enough to vote and taken away all the relevant toys, i.e. laptop and nintendo wii.

i know i definetly done stuff like this when i was her age and got the slipper for it, if i got caught :lol: but do you have any stories of when you wer younger and did you get caught??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would let the other parents know myself,or the backlash could be on you if they find out elsewere.

You have a responsibility to the girls parents so they can protect her in the same way you are looking after yours.

At 14 they are vulnerable,the parents should be grateful you have told them,if not they are at fault.

Thats my take on it anyway,from my experiences with my daughter.

:001_smile:

problem is at that age they give each other so much stick about anything and everything, i dont want my izzy to be the grass as such, but yes i do agree with you geoff, the parents should of been told but theres was no harm, thank god, but we did make the girls aware that if it was to happen again no matter how minor it may seem we'd be letting thier parents know

These two incidents happened if I remember correctly on consecutive weekends. I was about 16 and awoken rather rudely by my mother on a Sunday morning she was using my full name so I knew I was in trouble. I come down stairs to the kitchen to find that the food from the bottom drawer of the freezer sitting out defrosted on the work surface and my new jacket in the freezer. The memories from the night before came flooding back to me, I managed to get chewing gum on my new jacket and someone told me the best way to get it off was to freeze it :blushing:

The following week my mother found me in the kitchen at 3am with my head in the washing machine! When your a bit off you face and put your head in the washing machine and spin the drum it can be a bit trippy :001_rolleyes:

I was pretty good at taken bad advise from people when I was younger.

Was found by my next door neighbor sleeping on my door step. I told him I had been locked out, he told me my keys where in the door!

I very rarely drink these days.

My lad is only 4 months old so I have all this to look forward to.

Edited by Stevie Mac

Good on you Plippy,it's a tough call mate.:001_smile:

scarily the girls wer lucky cos wen i came down the stairs at 3am i was carrying the baseball bat, cos i heard the door go and a noise from downstairs, very lucky escape cos ive got quite a good swing on me and i generally swing then ask questions, more annoying is that i av a staffy who was flat out a sleep in the kitchen, i think someone needs guard dog lessons

Give her hell, ground her for a week and tell the other girls' parents. I cannot even believe there is any question of doing otherwise. She knows she has done wrong, but if it goes unpunished you will send her a message that its okay to do it again.

We had this exact scenario last year, and it wound up with the police being involved, a 13 year old girl having an abortion, and bitter parents trying to take each other to court.

Its no wonder todays kids are running riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, being that age a lot more recently than some of you, i used to drink but because of where we lived it was difficult to go anywhere i.e. had to get a lift of parents from anywhere.

I can compare myself to my sister, and see how different we are, she went to college and mixed with the wrong people, basically chavs who hang round at b&Q car park at night for no reason and generally cock around! She went downhill, shes better now as she was 17/18. she isnt much better now though. But at least you can have a decent conversation with her now she found a job!

i stayed sensible, when i did get wasted a couple of times, it was at home as we had the space to, however after getting alcohol poisoning and two horrible hangover days, its been enough to steer me away from drink and now if i do go out with my mates, it will be to the pub for a few hours once every few weeks and ill drive and just drink shandies. then tease them saying ive had 5 pints and im fine! haha.

I think you made a good call plippy, there is a fine line between being the dad nobody likes and the dad whos cool.

Ive had kids who are 12 coming up to me and saying 'ere mate can you go in dat shop and gerruz sum fagz?' to which i say no and just say ive got socks older than them. Dont waste your life! id rather tell a kid to go do something else than just no. even if its a group, doesnt bother me in the slightest what they choose to do but when they involve me i will give them an opinion!