QTRA - Is it any good

benedmonds

QTRA - IS IT ANY GOOD?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. QTRA - IS IT ANY GOOD?

• Have attended the course and think its the DB's!
    • Have attended the course and think its OK
    • Have attended the course and thing its waste of space
    • Not done the course but like it any way
    • Not done the course but think its pants
    • What is QTRA?

Is it qauntified tree risk assesment? Seems intresting, any course or knowledge is a good thing, even if you don't find it usefull.

Oh god-more paperwork? I thought we were drowning in it as it is ? Don't we do this anyway ?

K

I am Qtra qualified - it is a great system that has its place... It wont be everyones cup of tea and you need to be a bit math minded.

There are some tree mangement software suppliers that have it embeded in the system - this drastically speeds the qtra process up. If using the wheel it can be a pain in the arse, but i take all data and place on a excel template....:icon14:

If you do a lot of inspection work and get to use qtra often then its great, i wouldnt recommend the course to anyone who will only use it occasionally..

:wave:

I will give a example tomorrow if I have time but any system that can produce a probability greater than 1 must have serious flaws.

It has also been overturned in the Australian courts as an indefensible system due to several issues.

I will get back to you with the relevant links as soon as i can find them.

Pete, I had the same reaction to the probability issue and it took me a while to get my head around the fact that QTRA uses fractions not decimals. So if converted, the numbers will not exceed 1. e.g. 1/1000 = 0.001

I've never been a fraction kind of guy so it does take some extra effort on my part!

I'm definatley interested in this Aussie ruling though... Is it recent?