Jo beau 200 or 300

starkeylandscapes

Can anyone help - I'm torn between getting a jo beau 200 or 300 - My primary work is as a landscaper, but we do a fair bit of small/medium tree work (fully qualified) and a lot of hedging. I know the 300 has some big fans and a good capacity for its size but is a bigger than the 200 when single manhandling. Does anyone use the 200 and if so how does it perfrom. Thanks for any advice

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to say guys, I was at Saltex with a view to buying a wee chipper and watched the Greenmec being demo'd several times through the day and I couldn't buy one after watching its performance. It was chipping conifers and the debris/chippings were hardly clearing the shoot, several times they had to stop the machine and clear out some bits which it couldn't blow out the shute. It wasn't taking the material in too well either. I really don't think the demo's did the machine any favours - it really couldn't be that bad! There are lots of them sold and I know on Arbtalk there are lots of users - so what was going on with them at Saltex?

Maybe I'm expecting too much and should stick with our roller feed chippers, but this is the second time I've tried to get enthusiastic about them and the second time I've been disappointed. 3 years ago I watched them being demo'd and its not getting any better. My mate has a Jo Beau 400 which if I was going to buy one I'd spend a bit extra and get this one - the other ones were just painful to watch. Obviously parts and back up is important but I think I'd want to start with the right machine primarily.