Stein Arbor-Trolley

RC0

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very grateful of peoples constructive critisism pre show.

You are trying to guage opinion are you not, what's the point of putting it up on here otherwise :confused1:

Absolutely cracking idea and solution to a problem and can see it doing outstandingly well but ??

I've been on the recieving end of a law suit that could have put me and my family on the street with the mewp incident and on the receiving end of another two threats from claim hunters, so I have every right to be cautious about things

So yes I would buy one tomorrow and pay good money but would take it straight to my workshop before use

Yes, but we need training prior to enganging in those activities and for using the machinery, and we are trained to minimise those risks to a negligable level. Adding pointy metal spikes to a work site is not minimising risk, and there are plenty of total imbecile out there!!

I like the trolley, in fact I want one already. I just think they look sharp! A shepherds hook on the end would be good, or a D type loop.

Rupe, you're a mate and your post's are always productive and written with good intent....but when you see it in the flesh you'll realise that it's just not threatening at all, there are no spikey bits and the anles all favour the safety of the operator, perhaps the video shows it different.

I watch down at guys working in and around suspended limbs with chain-saws while others are pulling and yanking on them at the same time, all within feet of each other, saws at full pelt, my beautiful ropes caught up in the mess somewhere....Sometimes I just have to look away....but when the dust settles everyone and thing has survived the situation and ready for the next one. Just a snapshot of an average working day.

There will always what if's. What if someone tripped fell on on someonelse's running chainsaw.....doesn't bare thinking about, personally I'll take the spike over the saw. Should we train people how to walk without falling over? Rupe, come to the show, see for yourself. Thanks

Yes, I meant it as a positive comment, just saying what I saw in the video, and I still want one.

And I agree, there are many risks to the job. My experience of stupid accidents is that they are just that, stupid. I tripped/slipped recently while pulling a tree over, and I fell back and landed on my trailer which I had moved myself but had forgetton it was there.

If there is concern about the two separate angled uprights being too 'pointy', offer an option of a single-piece "Inverted-U"-shaped side upright which takes the place of the two separate angled pieces per side. That would never impale anyone and would produce a 'wagon-side' effect and perhaps allow better brush control. Of course short stuff and stubs could get 'stuck' within the side piece's curve, and the pieces would be marginally larger for stowing in a small space.

I think I actually agree with Rupe, especailly when wrestling ( and I use the word wrestling loosly Reg :001_smile: ) big rings upright next to an up-ended trolley.

Me Rupe Reg or any other arbtalker might have the nounce to watch what we're are doing, but it only takes one person in a population of 60 million to be an pratt and sue and you can bet you bottom dollar that person will work in Arb for you :biggrin:

Well thats a first!

Actually dean I think the spikes would be removed when movign large rings/logs etc.

Well thats a first!

Actually dean I think the spikes would be removed when movign large rings/logs etc.

I feel now as though I shouldn't be talking about it

You would take the trolley to the back of the truck to unload cord lengths onto the truck back, jumping down off the truck with th trolley in close proximity ??

It was a common thing in the army with squaddies impaling themselves on their rifles barrels after leaning them against the truck and jumping down, I knew of two and witnessed one.

Please dont think I'm anal about H&S, far from it Reg :laugh1:

Just an observation mate