electromagnetic clutch Rayco 1625

Jan

Hello arbtalkers,

my stumpgrinder's clutch has reached the end of its life and has to be exchanged soon. Since my local Rayco dealer seems to put an 100% extra charge on the recommended retail price, i'd like to import spare parts by myself.

Has anyone a recommendation for a british rayco dealer?

thanks, Jan

2010-09-17191334.jpg.88f365d191e705c72e48eb0a997ab981.jpg

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the forum, the UK main dealer for Rayco is Westcon Equipment based in Dorset, call Big Trev on 01258 859103 he does tech support and should be able to help.

Cheers

But Pete, there prices are stupid on somethings, i needed a bearing for a 1625 in a hurry, 78 quid plus vat, now found the same bearing from a dealer in Leeds for just over a tenner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would speak to trantex or whoever makes that clutch tbh.

I had one go on a vermeer and IIRC cost me the best part of £350.

Now I'm not adverse to dealers making money, they must as we all need to but I think they mark up WAY too much sometimes.

For non dealer parts I always look elsewhere now a days. When items are marked up 300-400% you are being taken advantage of IMO.

Right true Ian, some things get marked up royally because they are in short supply or difficult to get hold of. Electromagnetic clutches are supplied by probably 3 or 4 firms in the world so the prices are usually erm "worthwhile".

Right true Ian, some things get marked up royally because they are in short supply or difficult to get hold of. Electromagnetic clutches are supplied by probably 3 or 4 firms in the world so the prices are usually erm "worthwhile".

Yeah i understand that Pete, supply and demand and special parts do commanr a higher price but standatd bearing and the like????

Come on Ian, your a Yorkshireman - get with the programme lad - we are all out there for profit, you, me, everybody! Your right in that that bearing you got was a tad dear but, you paid. You might not ever go there again but you did pay!:sneaky2:

is the clutch an adjustable one?i have an oguru(sp)on my laski that was not engaging correctly i was able to reticfie it with a feeler guage and a spanner.

i have had some terrible dealings with my chipper dealer regarding pricing of parts,delivery of correct parts and outrageous postage charges

example 2 filters sent in an airbag normal cost of postage $30,my price $190

another time they sent wrong knife bolts postage cost $160,i then send them back cost me $30 for exactly the same method of postage:thumbdown:

after 3 weeks or so of follow up finally get the right bolts and a few weeks later an another postage bill of $160

told em where to shove that

this is a major company that would also not send out the freight invoice at time of sending of the parts,on one occasion i got the bill 3 months later.not one other company ive done business with in 6 years has ever gone down that path.

i suspect that they are only too happy to sell you a new machine but parts are too much of a hassle if you live outside of the metro area :confused1:and i live approx 3000 klms from Perth

i did buy a new machine from them last year but for sure it will be the last