moving to austrlia

matt mckay

I'd say get what the locals use when you get there. Then at least you'll know you can get spares and maintainance backup. It may in some instances cost more to buy out there but you'll not have to spend beer tokens shipping stuff across the world just to discover you can't get spares quickly.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Guest topperbob

take an ms200t and try to get on with active tree services they are big boys out there, i was paid cash in hand so i got to drink loads, money was v good. HAVE FUN.

If it's anyhting like NZ i'd take your climbing harness and more expensive bits and bobs and also take chainsaw pants. I'm not sure if you have to use chainsaw protective gear when climbing (it never used to be compulsory) but the choice of chainsaw clothing was pretty poor. Very much the Clogger type of gear and I've already had a saw cut straight through a pair of these so if you've got good stuff, take it. Wouldn't bother with anything like type c though cos you'll melt if you have something that's too thick or has a heap of layers.

Treescape are in brisbane,although a hour or so away from gold coast,but im sure they have teams there,Im sure if you go through the nz treescape website should be some links,if not i could look into further.Good luck wrking in that heat,ive done a few surf trips over to there and even haning around in shorts i sweat.

I think most gear is pretty pricey,so i would take what ever you can with you.

cheers

cheers every1 for the advice. think im going to get some boots and a harness, wear the boots on a plane to save some money on luggage! that's all I really need at the minute. wait and see what sort of comany I end up working with and go from there. thanks again. any other info or companys to contact would be much appreciated. thanks again.