today at college

Nick Waring

Well, today at college we had learnt all we needed for the assesments, so we set up some rope swings.

Here are a couple of videos, sorry for the bad quality but they were recorded on various phones.

The video of me was the scariest rope swing, really high, really fast, close to the floor. All good fun in the end.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Enjoy.

dont like to ruin your fun or say im right by any means and mean no offence or anything, but most tree climbing equipment isnt designed for fall arrest its for work positioning. just the second video looks like she falls before the slack is taken out of the line. your weight increases by some rediculuss amount like 10 times ever metre you fall. which the kit isn't intended for. im no expert or anything just my opinion. looks like your having fun thought which is good. good luck with your NPTC

You only live once, if something did give, it's nothing that a few bandages and plaster of paris can't fix.

I was going to have a go at exactly the same thing at the get together we did some weeks back.

The only problem is those that attended were loopy enough without encouraging them any more. :wave:

It's also a good way of getting newbies to trust their equipment more

yer i have done the same thing to in the back garden setting up zip lines and stuff testing it with a big rigging bag first which failed so you just think what the hell and get on only to find to go so fast you hit the floor and get dragged 20ft on your arse, but all good fun.

• 1 month later...