New Komet harness

Ian150482

I was until i saw the shackles that held the harness together,i just couldnt get it out of my mind that in effect the harness is held together by bolts with a "wax" as a threadlock. No mention what torque these bolts should be set at,what loctite should be used and why no nylock nuts to back up a threaded bolt.Everyone knows that nuts and bolts come undone and when where talking about one"s life on the line that was enough for me personally not to buy one, shame really as i still use and like my original butterfly harness.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was until i saw the shackles that held the harness together,i just couldnt get it out of my mind that in effect the harness is held together by bolts with a "wax" as a threadlock. No mention what torque these bolts should be set at,what loctite should be used and why no nylock nuts to back up a threaded bolt.Everyone knows that nuts and bolts come undone and when where talking about one"s life on the line that was enough for me personally not to buy one, shame really as i still use and like my original butterfly harness.

I think this is a little irrational, I had a Butterfly and used it daily for 3+ years and the shackles on the bridge never came loose.

Torque settings are about stretching bolts for high load situations not stopping bolt from coming undone.

Cars, planes, trains, etc are all held together with bolts and they are fine.

This is not a dig, and please don't take offense, it would seem the harness is not so good and over priced but, I don't think the shackles are not an issue,IMO, and I really like "repairabilaty" (I miss the waving smiley)

Is a very pricey harness compared to what is out there, but it looks the dogs dangleys and there somethin about it.

Love to have a go with the harness, just to see how it feals, dont think i can afford it at the mo with moving house an that.