The willow takedown.

RobRainford

Well done!

Experience is a good school.

Carry on like that and they will get easier every time.

And the easier they get' date=' the faster you'll do 'em, the more you'll enjoy it, the more you'll earn. :biggrin:

Not sure about the two 12 tonne trailer fulls of chips, mind. :sneaky2::laugh1:[/quote']

thanks!

it was full to the point where stuff was just bouncing out, i wanted to get more in them but it didnt want to keep it in there

20 hours??? I hope you dont charge by the hour haha.

Who is the guy in the red pants up the tree???? Hope its not the same guy thinking of buying red boots. If it is, Im quitting cutting trees.

if i did, i would have everything colour coded just for you haha.

although, i do like those gladiators, ive got a red regatta jacket, maybe some new boots if i like them, i just dont have a red lid, that will have to stay grey.

ill be like a walking, er, red thing!

I love the way in picture 3, you are walking out on a limb completely pointlessly. You could have roped it and cut it with a pole saw, pulling it with a skid steer. Just watch the Cherry limb swing video for more tips. haha

Could save you about 14 hours.

to clear the trouser issue up, thats not me!

ed, if you could have got all that in one trailer load, i would actually turn up at my next job in just my boots.

i did plan for one day, the stuff was coming down so fast, there was very little time to grab stuff, as much as it was getting at my OCD to have a tidy site. the drag was about 40m, between two hedges that im sure had hands to grab whatever you pulled past.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rob, good on you for getting it done safely. Yeah when we all start out we 1) might not have all the kit. 2) not as much experience as the older guys 3) be as fast as the twig. But as you get more experience you will 1) get more money 2) buy more kit 3) wonder why did i use to do things that way 4) become quicker and more proficient 5) Red trousers what was i thinking!!!:lol:

Tree looked bigger as it went on Rob, well done mate.

it did indeed. going through the pics it doesnt look too bad at first. Hence why i only thought it would be a day.

Ian: i agree with your statements there! Although over the past 6 months i have made sure i have a good range of gear so that i can tackle jobs and what they throw at me, ive got friends who will help me out, the chipper i used was a friend who ive done a bit of work for and some favours, said that while im starting out, if i need the chhipper, i can use it for free! its just a bit of hassle because its tractor mounted and i need to take a trailer aswell.

i would like to go back and do the job, and take more people on the first day. slow the climber down and get things done bish bash bosh!