dangerous tree pics

Yorkshireman

You become a very good shot with practice

And with cut and chuck the pieces are much smaller than with rigging so if something does go wrong it is much less likely to do much damage.

I think as for wear and tear on the body, its a balance between maintaining your strength and wearing yourself out, IMO, cut and chuck from up the tree is much less strain on your body than dragging brash and humping timber on the floor.

All reasoned and fair points again Huck,

but what is your (and any one elses) opinion on the below part of my original quote. :ciao:

IMO and experience, the working environment is far safer whilst rigging dead trees from a platform, due to the facts that you can evacuate the cutting zone easier and that you can rig to the exact point required, something not always possible from rope access.

FTR I agree with this point entirely :thumbup:

Plus climbing is fun, humping logs ain't

PC210005.jpg.e111e3994ddf7846ed85db7c46ee38a9.jpg

PC190015.jpg.fe9e4c5517ce132e5e68a0aeedacb69d.jpg

PC190017.jpg.cce1bfbdead7037fcde864c292ad01e9.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but what is your (and any one elses) opinion on the below part of my original quote. :ciao:

IMO and experience, the working environment is far safer whilst rigging dead trees from a platform, due to the facts that you can evacuate the cutting zone easier and that you can rig to the exact point required, something not always possible from rope access.[/b][/size]

I evacuate the drop zone with ease, I rev my saw and gesture with my hand and my groundie, who is a top man, will stay well back until I tell him its safe :grinning-smiley-003

went up a mewp for the first time today at college, me and my mate went up and pissed about in it. i must say it scared me a hell of alot more than climbing dose, hated the jolting of the hydraulics, and half the time we were only on 3 wheels. think it would be good in looking after vetran and ancient trees, repollarding ect. minimise damage