Problem customer

Jon Lad

But what if there was no answer the night before to be had??

I just ring another customer.

I prefer to do the the work when the customer is at home if I can, or at the very least see them first thing before we start. I always say "can we just run though the job to refresh my memory", but in reality its more about reminding them of the work agreed:sneaky2: before they start any "while your here and can you just"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what if there was no answer the night before to be had? hed just booked a work and then lost monney from it.? Im not tryin to start an arguement just saying what would bussiness owners do then?

If there is no reply, you dont go, simple. I try to keep smaller jobs to fit in odd days where postponements could make things awkward. To go in to someones property without permission is trespass, to cut a tree on their property without permission is criminal damage, with only your word against theirs, you'd be on a very sticky wicket legally. Flowers and a bottle of wine go along way as an apology.

I get lots of repeat work on hedges but i always leave it that they should contact me when they want their hedges trimming to save any confusion. Not what you want to hear really i suppose but think you'll have to bite the bullet on this one and just learn from it.

:dito:

I sometimes get asked to book them in for next year, I always ask them to just give me a ring nearer the time.

I just ring another customer.

I prefer to do the the work when the customer is at home if I can, or at the very least see them first thing before we start. I always say "can we just run though the job to refresh my memory", but in reality its more about reminding them of the work agreed:sneaky2: before they start any "while your here and can you just"

Sounds like a plan . Refresh my memory :thumbup:

Bunch of flowers & a sorry,to prove you are not just trying to generate work by pruning the holly let them know that you wish no payment,wether they offer it or not.

Turn a potentialy damaging (to your busness) situation into one that benefits both you & the client.

You have not lost much money ,but if they put other people off using you in the future you will .

Good luck in trying to turn a negative into a positive.

OPPS! I defo would have called to confirm a few days before. maybe if you were a gardener/lawnmowerist they'd exspect you to jus turn up but with trees (as jobs tend to be one offs anyway) they may have been felled or the client even moved lol! Hope the dnt give you anymore grief mate id just leave it.