Rate My Hinge.

Frank

It was a 10 inch back leaner at the original felling cut but it had too much weight so sat on the bar and i didn't have the strength to lift it the other way. So did a dog tooth about 18 inches about the original cut to fell it the other way. The tree was only about 7 inches wide there so did a small gob, bored in and left a very small bit of holding wood on the back. I couldn't do a simple fell as it would have barbers chaired on me.

Still don't get the "ballsy" bit?? what did your instructor think was going to happen???

Still don't get the "ballsy" bit?? what did your instructor think was going to happen???

Under cut is a little flawed, back cut lower than hinge? Cant tell...

He thought it was going to do a simple cut but decided to do a dog tooth with no room for error. The bore cut is slightly lower than the sink cut but only by a tooth width. I was in training then and was the day before the assessment.

It could be the camera angle or the fact i didn't cut the hinge off flat.

Forward leaning sycamore on a woodland edge. Start the back cut, bang hit a nail, move up an inch, bang hit the SAME nail. Chain now bit knackered. Managed to bore through to sort of create a dogs tooth cut in the wrong order. Was expecting a small breeze to catch it and make it barber chair before I got the bore cut in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393196940.289635.jpg.a2dd59009160d4650be321e0a9868a63.jpg

Another one in the same group. Slight hole in that one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393197118.905375.jpg.c2ebcdc662fddeeb00664e3876022764.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]149792[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]149793[/ATTACH]

A leylandii fell from last week

[ATTACH]149795[/ATTACH]

A spruce

I know this post was a few weeks ago, but can I ask, were you taught to fell like that or is it just something you've seen others do?