Yale Limelight

Frank

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Poison Ivy (American Version) and Blue Moon these are the same rope 11.7mm 24-strand and carry no CE Mark and will not pass CE Tests.

Apparently Yale actually stopped using separate labels for the CE marked Bluemoon and the non-CE marked because they were "exactly the same rope with no differences."

Any links to the limelight mate?

I was never a fan of blaze. Too thin in my hands and way to much stretch in it. Also it seemed to milk like mad.

Ive been on tachyon for ages until i got some PI and now i really rate it. Dont think i'll be going back for a while.

I may have to get some imori just so i can compare. Does anyone sell it by the meter so i can have it plain ended and see what its like to splice:biggrin:

Yale Lime Lite 11.7mm with Spliced Eye - £89.00 - Ropes - Arborist Equipment & Forestry Kit - Stafford West Midlands

Apparently Yale actually stopped using separate labels for the CE marked Bluemoon and the non-CE marked because they were "exactly the same rope with no differences."

Bluemoon has never been made in the CE Version. One dealer in the UK brought some in thinking it was CE but is is NOT. If they spliced it and marked it as CE EN1891 (A) then they are in the wrong.

Bluemoon has never been made in the CE Version. One dealer in the UK brought some in thinking it was CE but is is NOT. If they spliced it and marked it as CE EN1891 (A) then they are in the wrong.

Odd then that Wesspur carry CE marked Bluemoon in stock despite having few customers in Europe.

Maybe my information is incorrect but I was told that the CE mark was a condition of sale and not of use.

No of course your right, no mention of CE on their website but they do stock it and the non CE marked Bluemoon and the only difference in both ropes is

the CE label

Hi High Scale, I'm sorry to say you’re wrong Wespur may have labelled Blue Moon as CE but they shouldn't have done it. I have just spoken to Yale USA Blue Moon in its current construction will never pass a CE test and therefore cannot be passed as a CE approved line. Yale assure me that they cannot and therefore "have not" ever produced and marked Blue Moon as a CE product.

Please don't take my word for it or this could go on forever may I suggest a quick email to Yale Cordage USA should result in you getting the same information as I just have. You will then be able to quote with confidence what is and is not CE marked. You might also consider what Nigel from Fletchers has to say his company are members of SATRA (CE TESTING) and represent Yale Cordage in the UK so he should know what he's talking about.

This isn't just a dig at you High Scale but some "Senior" (outspoken) members on here should have the responsibility to get their facts correct if they want to quote to the masses. It's not fair on the folk using this site for good advice if the senior members are getting stuff wrong. It’s not brain surgery to get facts right before spouting off and if you want to be taken seriously do some homework.

Whilst I am at it:

Poison IVY "CE" is actually a different construction to the American Poison IVY so is in short a completely different rope with the same name. FYI The CE version will carry a yellow tracer.