A Question for those in South Yorks.

PeteB

Since there has been a bit a change around in the GreenMech dealership network, I've to find a worthwhile machinery dealer in South Yorkshire. For those based in the Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster area - who do you tend to get your chainsaws, climbing kit, clothes, machinery from?

And don't all say "Jonsie":sneaky2:

"Jonsie"

oooops im west yorks sorry Pete!

By the way who is the official greenmech dealer for w. yorks?

Hi Ian,

the official dealer for GreenMech in West Yorks is Balmers, the ex-Timberwolf folk over at Burnley.

Ho'ws things, missed you at the Jonesie do.

Torne Valley based in Tickhill and Epworth are stihl dealers as are Turner hire based in rotherham. There is also a makita dealer in doncaster but i've forgot their name. oooops.

I used to live in Tickhill in the early '80s Great place, many fond memories, many drunken nights and the odd knee trembler! 1st wife was from the village.

I might go and see Torne and Turners, have been to see Fosters at Thybergh and Broadfield mowers in Sheffield, but didn't know wether there was more options.

Cheers.

Hi Ian,

the official dealer for GreenMech in West Yorks is Balmers, the ex-Timberwolf folk over at Burnley.

:confused1:Thats Lancashire:confused1:

Balmers are a firm I have never been able to deal with, try as I might:001_rolleyes:

It is Lancs, sure. But they are on an easy road link to west Yorks and do a fair bit of business there anyway. PM me your gripes and do what I can to help.

They just seemed very unhelpful when ever I ran, when they were the TW dealers I had an Entec Chippit 25, if I wanted bits I rang Entec/TW got the bits delivered from the factory and an invoice from Balmers.

When ever I went in there was a big bloke with black hair who had a really unfriendly manner.

And a mate if mine who has been dealing with them for years wanted a new John Deer mower, he asked for a price, so they gave him list price, he said come on you can do better than that, "No thats the price" they said.

So he went and found one one net for £4K less, went back and guess what, they matched the price:confused1: why not just offer some discount in the first place?????