vodaphone calling.

Rupe

I had a call from Virgin yesterday, the first thing he said was "for security purposes what is your password?"

I mean come on!!

:lol:

Now surely that deserves a little award in being the laziest and most pathetic why to try and scam someone.:laugh1:

I hope you gave them a right ticking off and that they must try harder next time.:laugh1:

Oh and just so I know its you I'm replying to can you send me your bank/credit card details and pin number so I can verify you please?

Shows you though they must catch loads of people out with these calls.:thumbdown:

OMG! I was at my mums one day a month or two ago and she got a phone from an Indian/Pakistani sounding bloke saying he was calling from "her" bank and he needed her sort code and account number to locate some money they owd her!!! She looked puzzled so i asked what was up and she said it was the bank. So i took the phone and asked them to prove this and when he couldnt i verbally tore him a knew one. Scary cos some old dear on her own like my mum might have given that info out! I hate em...

Brilliant!! Had a call last week from a firm saying my house had been chosen for a free alarm system, the surveyor is in the area now so can he come and see what system will be required......:lol:

i had this a couple of weeks ago, just told him we already had one fitted so it would be pointless.