3 point link boughton

Gray git

Check the tractor is up to it. A lighweight rearend could get ripped off, also check for previous abuse on the drive cogs, mine was ex Pickfords on a Major. Drive cogs were spun a tooth and more out, so under extreme load could spin out of drive or bust out altogether. My brake was pretty inefficient too.

Be very very carefull! that would rip the back end clear off the tractor, bear in mind you can make a tractor loop the loop on those spades, it'll be the top link that goes first.

Nice Toy though, try working it in gently to make sure everything works.

I reversed the forwarder into an old pond in the woods one day, the old boughton on a little DB890 snapped 2 cables before it pulled 18 tonnes of stuck forest machine out...

Off too local agg dealer for stronger top link when i get a chance then.. will be putting in on my outher new/old toy that my wife is not happy about as it graces our front lawn at the mo.2008_0512mostlybaby20095.jpg.a5f144ad0fe321a6678c316da2f963c6.jpg

got a very large oak to winch out of a ditch in the next few weeks so might hav some good photos or a broken tractor. watch this space.:heeeelllllooooo:

Majors tend to be popular tractor to mount them on - apparently the back ends are fairly tough, though the 3 point linkage is a lot weaker than if it was permanently mounted IMO.

We have a 10tonne Cookes mounted to a Major at work But it's a Pig to use. it's either on or off - very hard to have a controlled pull.

As Mr ed said, Looping the Loop is very much a possiblility - most pulls will end up with it sitting up on the spades. Make sure that you pull in a perfectly straight line with it or it will swing the tractor round when you get some tension :icon14:

It looks nice and painted up but the innards of a boughton can be messy. Just hope the rain has stayed out. Big winches on the 3 P. Linkage react differently to those mounted on the back end. Due mainly to the float that may occur in said linkage. Has it 2 speeds? Pull heavy things slowly and pull trees over fast .

I am in the middle of refurbishing my Cooks 2 speed. I have paid out megga £ for the 10 bearings and have a hefty bill for the gear box rebuild and there are still the new bolts to get. I still need a new gear for the fast speed and that will be lots to have one made. I've started so I'll finish.

From whot iv been told about 10 ton single line pull but in has a cast pin hole so the line can be doubled up,just a case of finding a big snach block?

the paint was my doing as it was a pinky colour from red oxide paint. as far i we know the last owner had the guts checked out before getting it then never used it, sold it to a clasick tractor bot who founde it wernt the right age for his show tractor so sold it to me at wot seemed like too gooder price to pass up. Puled my landy 130 with brakes on no prob so hope for the old girl yet....