vosa

transit

Have you got the old green paper licence or a new photocard?

If its a photocard is there an endorsment next to the C1+E? Either an asterisk or a 201?

photop licence cant find paper one on photo one c1e codes 107 no astrix or 201

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody that drives a 7.5t vehicle or above now has to complete 35hrs of classroom training every 5 years or their hgv licence is suspended i'm afraid. It is called the drivers CPC. It is supposed to make everyone a better and more understanding driver. There are no exams involled and you can spread the training over 5 years, ie one days (7hrs) training per year. Your local hgv driving school should be able sort you out. The course/training learns you about tachographs, servicing scheduals, defects, smart driving, daily vehicle checks and so on.

I have new type not paper and I have C1E - and if you get a book from DVLA No D100 it tells you that

with the above you can drive up to 7500kg with a trailer over 750kg as long as the vehicle and trailer is not more then 12000kg. As long as the weight of the trailer is not more then the unladen weight of the towing vehicle. CLEAR!!!!!!!!

Anybody that drives a 7.5t vehicle or above now has to complete 35hrs of classroom training every 5 years or their hgv licence is suspended i'm afraid. It is called the drivers CPC. It is supposed to make everyone a better and more understanding driver. There are no exams involled and you can spread the training over 5 years, ie one days (7hrs) training per year. Your local hgv driving school should be able sort you out. The course/training learns you about tachographs, servicing scheduals, defects, smart driving, daily vehicle checks and so on.

When did this happen? Iv had my C1+E since 97, Iv just had a replacement licence issued and my HGV's are still there. How do I find out how much time I have left to do this course?

They cant take your entitlement away.

If you drive for a living then you have to complete some CPD in order to continue doing so. Getting employment as a driver will be impossible without it. Whether you feel the need to do it in order to drive your truck to a tree job is up to you, I suggest you read the exemptions and see if any of them apply to your circumstances.