anyone advertised in thomson local

Lorry thompson

thats what i was thinking rovers so thought id see if anybody has had any success she was telling me the arborists in there love it because there was only 2 but dandk said they've been out to him they must be out to all the tree lads at the minute when i got in the car there was already sawdust on the seat too come to think of it

she was promising x amount of calls per month generating x amount of leads and something along the lines of being on some front page all very nice i thought or was that her little black dress she was wearing.........

say what you want, it works ok for me.. they sent me a loser salesman guy first couple of times but i didnt like him. the new guy is ok and understood when i told him i didnt want to talk interweb advertising this year - just a book repeat, not like yell who still try ringing giving it all the sales bull. i dont like pushy people unless i need a bumpstart.

Personally I wouldn't bother mate. In my previous life I used to be in sales and worked for yell.com stuck it out for about 2 months then left as the sales technique was very pushy. knew a couple of guys who worked for Thomson local and they sounded even pushier. Apparently the water cooler would be filled with vodka and there was a lot of drug taking.

I have just got my free entry on yell.com and in the book and have had a couple of jobs from it.

i had the sales woman and a bloke come out to see me , i thought i would get the usuall sales patter - hits per month , can you handle the amount of work the book will create etc etc , but what really got my attention was when they showed me a package where they will build a web site for free , put an add in the book , allow me several title serches on the net and several other bits , i wanted to know who will own the site etc etc and it turns out that it would benifit me alot so i have gone with it . last time i advertised in the book i did really well

been thinking about local papers and parish mags think it will all depend on the area we have expensive advertisement elsewhere which doin ok so maybe a couple of cheaper options like that would be good cheers

Parish mags are a good idea wont bring much work but very cheap and if they are local to you then it makes you look good. I have a couple around £50.00 a year. Local papers are good a lumpy money wise, but you can go in and out depending how much work you have. A good idea is to take a run of say 13 weeks but go in every other week, a lot of papers do that.

For me in north west kent south london - YP is best thomson ok.