It's all about you, no one else.

Stephen Blair

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I even started watching the second one too, for about 3 mins till it bored the pants off me.:sneaky2:

Nothing wrong about liking yourself, I was more referring to the thread title.:001_tongue:

Just seemed to be the same old stuff to me, which ends up with people thinking they can achieve anything and that no one should stand in their way.

Theres nothing wrong with putting others before yourself IMO and this seems to be the exact opposite.

Maybe I have his ideas all wrong, its just the way it came across to me thats all.

Anyway back to a bit of.

[ATTACH]43338[/ATTACH]

I only watched the first one, but I think you really have got it wrong mate.

Hes talking about the way people blame others (parents, etc) and circumstance, for there own failures.

Or thinking they are worthless because their too tall, too short, not good looking, etc.

He is saying you need to accept who you are, stop making excuses for not doing the things you want or should be doing and just pull your socks up and get on.

As I said earlier its just good sound common sense (IMO) But some times we need the most obvious things pointing out too us.

what 'same old stuff' ?

You musta been lucky not to have watched any Jerry Springer, Ricky Lake,Jerry Jones Oprah etc. They often had people like this guy on saying this type of stuff. Every other sentence had the words self esteem in it!:thumbup:

It just seemed this guy was saying the same stuff to me.

I only watched the first one, but I think you really have got it wrong mate.

Hes talking about the way people blame others (parents, etc) and circumstance, for there own failures.

Or thinking they are worthless because their too tall, too short, not good looking, etc.

He is saying you need to accept who you are, stop making excuses for not doing the things you want or should be doing and just pull your socks up and get on.

As I said earlier its just good sound common sense (IMO) But some times we need the most obvious things pointing out too us.

Yeah thats the stuff but imo it soon turns into what I was saying. People start to believe everything is about them, they are capable and should have the opportunity to do anything they want and stuff what everyone else is doing because they dont care, well unless they are in the way then they can get trodden on.

You only have to watch one episode of American Idol to know I'm speaking the truth.:thumbup:

Although you are probably right though and I do have it wrong, so many people these days do look to blame others more than they deserve and self image is becoming a major problem unfortunately.

Yeah thats the stuff but imo it soon turns into what I was saying. QUOTE]

So you have made your decision after listening to all 9 videos?

No in my first post I said I had only watched the first one and thats what I was basing my opinion on.

Since I'm not going to watch the other 8 I suppose I best not comment any further.

Although people who think his words are that of wisdom did they also watch all 9?

Thinking about this again today and realising mine and Micks comments went completely against what this thread is about although I do like to jump to conclusions, as well as tar everyone with the same brush I thought I would have a look at the other vids.

Now hows that for positive thinking.:thumbup:

Hopefully it will have some enlightening qualities but I do reserve the right to call it complete twoddle if only to use the word twoddle again as I quite like that word (cheers Mick, although the rest of your imput has been pooh!) and IMHO its right up there with the word gobbledygook:thumbup1:

Thinking about this again today and realising mine and Micks comments went completely against what this thread is about although I do like to jump to conclusions, as well as tar everyone with the same brush I thought I would have a look at the other vids.

Now hows that for positive thinking.:thumbup:

Hopefully it will have some enlightening qualities but I do reserve the right to call it complete twoddle if only to use the word twoddle again as I quite like that word (cheers Mick, although the rest of your imput has been pooh!) and IMHO its right up there with the word gobbledygook:thumbup1:

I was just seeing how you stood up to the barrage of the Blair/Huck alliance...:001_rolleyes:

Stevie this just reminds me of all the other yank twoddle, in particular the religous twoddle when people roll up to the stand and collapse in a stupor and everyone around em believes it's genuine.

Stand fast in the ranks Mesterh, dont let me down now......haha

Edited by Mick Stockbridge

They are very good words, especially gobbledygook:thumbup:

And I applaud your use of them!!!:thumbup1: