written off and ripped off !!!

hiya Ady , im sorry to hear that the spineles fool did not stop to exchange details , the problem i have is that i have a commercial policy as the truck is used purely for busines and its going to cost me my time to source a vehicle etc etc and as far as i see i should not be out of pocket for an acident that was not my fault . any way it was my firs truck that i had bought when i went off on my own lol

ahh ok,, i get you now,, was not thinking about it being a purely commercial policy..:blushing:

and it that case,, bunch of :reddy:wipes they need to pull their fingers out...

not sure where you stand legally, TBH from experience i'd take the money and the truck and save yourself stress/ ball ache and misery trying to win an uphill battle and either fix up the one you have with the money or find an alternative,

lifes too short to waste a second more than necessary trying to get fair results ..:001_smile:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At last i have got to the bottom of it , after a long conversation with the guilty parties insurer they have agreed to let me have the truck back and give me 2K , after explaining how much this was costing them in hire and that i was happy for this to go on as long as it takes they decided to see sense . so as soon as the truck is back it will be into the body shop for some dents to be puled out and then put on fleabay . RESULT!!!

Straight on fleabay? Your initial argument was the van was worth more to you than the insurace co was offering and you felt hard done to by the offer made as you haven't got the time to look for another vehicle. However you are now happy to profit from the insurance payout and suddenly have the time to arrange repairs, sell it and buy a replacement.

There is a reason why insurance premiums are so high!!!

Straight on fleabay? Your initial argument was the van was worth more to you than the insurace co was offering and you felt hard done to by the offer made as you haven't got the time to look for another vehicle. However you are now happy to profit from the insurance payout and suddenly have the time to arrange repairs, sell it and buy a replacement.

There is a reason why insurance premiums are so high!!!

Yes there is a good reason why premiums are so high , its down to drink/drug drivers , un insured drivers...... and the list goes on , why should i make a loss because of an accident that was not my fault ?? and do you not think that getting the body work done and selling it so that i can get another replacment vehicle is fair ? or should i sit back and make a loss ?

Yes there is a good reason why premiums are so high , its down to drink/drug drivers , un insured drivers...... and the list goes on , why should i make a loss because of an accident that was not my fault ?? and do you not think that getting the body work done and selling it so that i can get another replacment vehicle is fair ? or should i sit back and make a loss ?

I don't think you should make a loss at all, I think you should get it repaired, paid for by the insurance company and then keep using it. Why should you get it repaired and have money left over? If it is repairable and costs less than the vehicles value I don't see why the insurance co's don't just get on with repairing them.

There is an increase in premiums due to drink drivers i agree but a lot of the money goes on hire cars etc. You were offered a settlement that would have put you in a similar vehicle and you turned it down happy in the knowledge that it was costing the insurance co a small fortune in hire car charges. 4 years ago my missus was crashed into, the car went to a main dealer for repair (the car was only worth £3k tops), she was in a hire car for 13 weeks while they dragged their heals repairing the car. It only needed a wing and suspension arm. The repair cost £750 in parts and labour (fair enough), £1200 in storage (while the insurance companies argued who was paying) and nearly £3k in hire car charges. Rediculous.

So really what your saying is that its not right for me to spend 600-700 quid and then sell it to recover my costs to then buy another truck ? and that having a hire truck to carry on working for while the insurance company decides what to do with it ? personally the problem was A -the fool that went into me and B- his insurance company for dragging their heels over it for 5 months if they want to do that its up to them. im still going to be out of pocket as im vat registered which means i will lose 17.5% of what ever they pay me . i agree that its shocking how costly it can be in situations like this but im sure if it was you that had been in an accident in your work truck then you would jump at the oppertunity to have another vehicle for as long as your without yours so that you can still keep working . Further to this i have agreed not to claim for any unasured losses which would have added considerably to the final cost to the insurer .

Something is always worth more to yourself than it is to others, i have many an item like this, but to put a realistic price on it is a different matter, insurers go off price guides etc, you can never replace a vehicle for the same money to get a newer one. Depreciation has to be taken into account etc.

At least you got a settlement and yor truck back :) its yours to do as you please with :)