written off and ripped off !!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for all the info guys , 2K is a reasonable offer however it will cost me more than that to replace it in cornwall and the costs of going out of cornwall make buying one up country pointles too . my issue is that even though the truck is old and has seen the best of its life i can not get anything similar down here for the money and certanly not seeing that its a commercial and i will have vat to pay . like i said to the insurer , this all happened because some fool was not paying attantion and went into me and because of this i now am faced with replacig a truck that i otherwise would not have had to replace !! but i do appreciate all you imput guys . will keep you posted on how i get on trying to beat the insurer failing that i will have to claim for some hefty unasured losses !!!!

sorry to hear about the misfortuneBUT, the fact you'd have to go outside cornwall etc etc is no issue to the insurance,, iot's your choice to buy in somerset or wherever so they don't have to pay for that,

To be honest you're lucky the git that drove into you stopped and fessed up,,, the guy/ girl that drove into me causing £1500 of damage didn't even bother to stop and own up.... so i got nothing...

take the money..

I had this many years ago.

I had a Rascal pickup, it got nicked and when I claimed they asked what I had payed for it, I would not tell them. (I had found a bargain and only payed £600) As I told them if I had paid far more than it was worth they would not give me that and what if it had been a gift??, I would have paid nothing, but would still want it replaced.

So they sent an investigator, as they suspected fraud!!!

So after he had been I rang them and told them to either get the police involved or pay me my £1000 (as that what it was going to cost too replace it with the same) two days later my cheque arrived.

Edited by skyhuck

hiya Ady , im sorry to hear that the spineles fool did not stop to exchange details , the problem i have is that i have a commercial policy as the truck is used purely for busines and its going to cost me my time to source a vehicle etc etc and as far as i see i should not be out of pocket for an acident that was not my fault . any way it was my firs truck that i had bought when i went off on my own lol

IMO - correct me if I'm wrong, the problem here has been caused by using accident exchange. They're a 3rd party thats got involved and complicated the issue, and made an absolute fortune out of arranging a hire vehicle for you. Having said that it seems like thats just caused the delay. Unfortunately second hand vehicles are a minefield price and quality wise. Best of luck with it.

R

IMO - correct me if I'm wrong, the problem here has been caused by using accident exchange. They're a 3rd party thats got involved and complicated the issue, and made an absolute fortune out of arranging a hire vehicle for you. Having said that it seems like thats just caused the delay. Unfortunately second hand vehicles are a minefield price and quality wise. Best of luck with it.

R

cheers bud , to be honest i have used Accident Exchange once before when some fool went into the back of my scoby , to be honest they have been great as they supplied me with a l200 warrior to use as my work truck whilst this is all being sorted . have you had experience with them before ? i found them to be one of the only ways to get a vehicle to cover while they sort out my truck .

I have had bad dealings with them. One of my guys bumped a vehicle (tiny dink) and we arranged that a mobile repair thing would come and fix the vehicle which they did. AE then got involved picked the vehicle up took it away - after repair wouldn't give it back for weeks as they couldn't find the damage.......

They then tried to bill me for the hire car, they were unsucessful. The owner was most apologetic and as annoyed as me.

I hate the fact that people make money unnecessarily out of our premiums. They ought to be able to supply a replacement vehicle straight away under the conditions that the vehicle is examined and a full report made within 24 hours. The vehicle is then repaired whilst the courtesy vehicle is used or an offer is made by YOUR insurance company that they can then argue with the other persons insurance company.

It means that the delay tactics to make more money don't get used.

R

the worst of it is that once the insurane company finally sort them selves out they could have bought me the 58 plate warrior and had done with it , hire charges of nearly 9k !!!!!!

This is exactly what winds me up, AE have put themselves in a situation where they can just write blank cheques.............. Still nothing I can do about it except pay the premiums

R