Taxation for dummies

Kev Stephenson

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not fair.

I would put all tax on purchases, that we have CHOICE we can chose to buy the item and pay the tax, or not.

I would say its completely fair. Everything still costs the same for everyone just slightly less. You can still choose what to spend your money on and everyone is taxed proportionally to their wealth. Its exactly the same principle as Dean saying put all the tax on fuel. It proportionally represents usage or in this case earnings.

Perhaps I shouldnt get involved with politics :lol: it always causes far too much trouble.:blushing: And lets face it.. its not going to change anyway.

I can't see any fairness in a system that taxes you more heavily just because you earn more, were's the equality in that. The richer you are the more you pay(in theory).:confused1:

It just urges you to evade the system and encourages those on welfare/low salary to carry on as they are and let those paying tax subsidise them. Not a very level playing field IMO, tax on purchases seems the only fair way to me.

I can't see any fairness in a system that taxes you more heavily just because you earn more, were's the equality in that. The richer you are the more you pay(in theory).:confused1:

It just urges you to evade the system and encourages those on welfare/low salary to carry on as they are and let those paying tax subsidise them. Not a very level playing field IMO, tax on purchases seems the only fair way to me.

Exactly!!!

There could be less or no tax on the essentials and increasing tax on luxury's.

How is it fair that those who work hard are taxed when they earn their money, are taxed again when they spend it. If your old and need care, if you have save or made investments, you have to pay for your own care with the money you have already payed tax on, but if you have not saved you get the care for free.

I live in a large rented home with my wife and four children, I work hard to provide well for my family and get taxed on the money I earn, I could if I so wished quit work and get all my rent and other bills payed:confused1: its madness.

When I see all the none workers around our town with all the time in the world and money in there pockets, I wonder if we the workers are fools!!!!!

If I could just get rid of my pride and self respect my life could be so much easier. :sneaky2:

Edited by skyhuck

I would also put 50% tax on canabis, that should fill the defecit within 12 month

Now that is a revolutionary idea, but I doubt the Government or the general public [ ie Daily Mail readers ] would allow that, can imagine the headlines '' Government are letting the hippys run riot ! '' :lol: Even though from a practical sense, Police spending could be better directed to more important issues and drugs such as Heroin/Cocaine, and the taxation generated from Cannabis both recreational and medicinal would be a huge income for the Government and reduce the criminality - you could turn illegal activities into legal businesses.

Now that is a revolutionary idea, but I doubt the Government or the general public [ ie Daily Mail readers ] would allow that, can imagine the headlines '' Government are letting the hippys run riot ! '' :lol: Even though from a practical sense, Police spending could be better directed to more important issues and drugs such as Heroin/Cocaine, and the taxation generated from Cannabis both recreational and medicinal would be a huge income for the Government and reduce the criminality - you could turn illegal activities into legal businesses.

I think there are reasons why its illegal tbh.

I think if they did something about paying people to not work we might get somewhere, that and stopping benefits to 'single' mums with loads of kids .:sneaky2:

I think there are reasons why its illegal tbh.

I think if they did something about paying people to not work we might get somewhere, that and stopping benefits to 'single' mums with loads of kids .:sneaky2:

What reasoning though ? Alcohol is an extremely damaging drug, along with Tobacco and many others yet they are legal. Logically looking at it Cannabis like many of these is probably less damaging physiologically as well as like many things in life - in moderation there isn't an issue, if you abuse cannabis like alcohol it'll abuse you in return. I can't personally see any logical reason why Cannabis is treated with contempt.