little businesses

hi, ive been thinking about the future and wondered what i could do once i start to feel the aches and pains of tree climbing.

was wondering if its worth gaining a loler inspection ticket and doing a bat survey course and starting a mini business offering that as my service. Ofcourse i wouldnt be relying on those two things as a steady income.

I would also offer my ervices in the odd freelance climb and other buts and bobs.

any views?

hi, ive been thinking about the future and wondered what i could do once i start to feel the aches and pains of tree climbing.

was wondering if its worth gaining a loler inspection ticket and doing a bat survey course and starting a mini business offering that as my service. Ofcourse i wouldnt be relying on those two things as a steady income.

I would also offer my ervices in the odd freelance climb and other buts and bobs.

any views?

If youve got the experience and qualifications surveying could definatley be the way forward for you. Ive heard aerial inspections there could be a gap in the market for so of course your still climbing but doubt it would be as strenuous as cutting.

There is no success with out hardship mate. The best thing you can do to stay fit is train, get to the gym get yourself as strong and supple as possible and live a healthy life. when you are old you will be sore anyway, might aswell have a lot of great memories from when you were fit and strong i say. By the time you are at the really sore point you should have built an excellent client base, cherry pick the cream of customers and jobs and let the young guns do the rubbish and slow payers i say.

There is no one course for bats. Its all about doing the time and gaining experience until you are considered experienced by your peers. This takes time. Lots of time.

You cannot go messing around in tree cavities without a full batworkers license.

Look at the BCT website on how to get started. Its one of the most addictive thing I have ever done. In fact I found 3 Common Pipistrelles roosting under the tiles of my house tonight. V V cool!