HSE Chainsaw Accident Consultation

Amelanchier

Got nothing against the inexperienced, I was one myself and still learning. The point is can you justify charging the same for an inexperienced person as you do for a experienced. I wish it was as easy as go back the next day, when the next day you still have got your full days work to do. I also know my limits . Its hard to explain in full detail [ill be hear forever].So i'll stop posting about it . People take little bits out and proberly get the wrong picture and that's not what I want. I love and have a lot of passion about tree surgery and I am good at what I do. Just wrong time and place for the post I apologize .

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaah Ianuk, I wasn't having a go at all! Companies do send out inexperienced staff to do the jobs, not that the client is aware..... and do charge as if they are fully experienced. I think on some occasions this may contribute to accidents occurring, trying to rush to get the job done.

Andy, Didn't think you were, it's because I shouldn't have made it personal about me i'm stopping it. Been out of it for a year now and proberly the rest of the year at least, just gets my back up the way some employers take the mick. Like I said I'm passionate about my job but when you get told look for a new career what do you do.

I wonder if accidents by experianced users are a combination of complacency and probability? If you push the boundaries/take risks daily, then eventually the dice might throw you a less than desirable score.

Just a point of discussion more than a theory

I wonder if accidents by experianced users are a combination of complacency and probability? If you push the boundaries/take risks daily, then eventually the dice might throw you a less than desirable score.

Just a point of discussion more than a theory

Does that also mean that if you stay in the job long enough you are bound to have an accident?:tomato:

As I would say most people who have been in the job a while like to push the boundaries, ie lower bigger sections. Get that bit quicker.

Not me tho. I like my comfort zone- and a nice cup o tea when I get down.:proud:

Does that also mean that if you stay in the job long enough you are bound to have an accident?:tomato:

Statistically, yes.

Furthermore, once you have had an accident, if you stay in the industry you are more likely to have another one!

Statistically, yes.

Furthermore, once you have had an accident, if you stay in the industry you are more likely to have another one!

Why are you more likely to have another one. surely its a big learning curve for you eg cut boot thread, wrong positioning straight into boot lesson learnt. oviously the hard way.

lets be honest about this we probably all take unessaccary risks at some point in the working day and when an accident happens we try to justify our actions its easy to blame inxperience, complacency presure of the job. i think that its human nature to take risks so therefor accidents will continue to happen, until the human element is removed! we all have a choice in the actions we take, just think back to your last job and the risks that you took, knowing what the consequenses will be if you get your judgement wrong.

Why are you more likely to have another one. surely its a big learning curve for you eg cut boot thread, wrong positioning straight into boot lesson learnt. oviously the hard way.

If we knew that, we'd be halfway towards solving the problem!

Perhaps individuals are more disposed to take risks, but then I have worked with people who are risk takers but always seem to get away with it, as opposed to others who take a small risk and get bitten.

Does luck have more to do with it than we care to admit?

I have worked with people who are risk takers but always seem to get away with it, as opposed to others who take a small risk and get bitten.

Does luck have more to do with it than we care to admit?

Do you not think this comes down to skill and good judgment?