Newbie just sold his first bag for £120

baz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 quid !!!!! bugger that im only a short distance down the coast and i can sell a level load for £110 quid , a hi cap level load is roughly 2 and half bags !!!:confused1: never had any complaints yet :thumbup1:

From memory a level hicap load is 1.6 cu metres, which is about twice as much as a level load in various jap pick ups :thumbup1:

Think i'm gonna go into the firewooding buissness if i can do a dumpy bag at that rate

I wouldn't call a 1m3 bag dumpy - sure you aren't confusing it with a builders bulk bag? I wouldn't like to try and drag one around even though my biceps are expanding.

and £1.25 is an outrageous amount of money for 1 litre of diesel but we still pay it,,

supply and demand people,,,

baz, i congratulate you for getting a good price for your logs..

That's very true, but unless we own our own oil stations we have very little choice in that. As far as I'm aware the people in charge of deciding what we pay for diesel aren't exactly popular.

Call me old fashioned but I think the more affordable we can make logs the more sustainable the industry will become. Charging that sort of money will put folk off & the declining woodlands in this country will never come back into management & as there'll then be no demand to supply we'll all start using fossil fuels again.

Just my opinion, & not meant to be taken as anything other than that. only my ethics, all should be free to do as they please. We have actually managed to lower our price every year we've been trading, & every year our turnover goes up.:thumbup:

We have actually managed to lower our price every year we've been trading, & every year our turnover goes up.:thumbup:

Turnover is vanity as the saying goes so I do hope your profits have gone up too.

Don't overlook that my £120 for a bag is delivered so the courier company does take a large slice. Then there is the nasty VAT man too. Then there's the log supplier who wanted his pay for the logs. Then there is the labour cost for moving, processing and stacking. Don't overlook machinery depreciation, running costs and maintenance. Then there's the insurance costs on plant and buildings. Then there is the building rates, electicity and maintenance. Then theres the vented bag lost forever and the pallet it sat on. Really £120 a bag does leave some profit but not an unethical amount.

Turnover is vanity as the saying goes so I do hope your profits have gone up too.

Don't overlook that my £120 for a bag is delivered so the courier company does take a large slice. Then there is the nasty VAT man too. Then there's the log supplier who wanted his pay for the logs. Then there is the labour cost for moving, processing and stacking. Don't overlook machinery depreciation, running costs and maintenance. Then there's the insurance costs on plant and buildings. Then there is the building rates, electicity and maintenance. Then theres the vented bag lost forever and the pallet it sat on. Really £120 a bag does leave some profit but not an unethical amount.

"courier company"?