Thank you and goodby trusted boots!

Stevie Mac

This week I have been working for a local estate, the estate had to clear any overhanging or dangerous tree that where next to the roads. Traffic control was set up so we could stop traffic and fell the trees straight onto the road sned them and clear them off the open lane of traffic, the chipper would then follow behind us and clear the brash.

To miss as much of the traffic as possible we where starting at 5am and finishing at about 3pm so by the time I arrived on site this morning I was fairly shattered ( a 9 week old baby doesn't help with my beauty sleep). I was snedding out a tree first thing and managed to get kick back on a branch that was no longer than 6inchs, my saw hit the inside of my left boot and cut a big gouge out of it.

Needles to say I filled my pants and had to take 5 mins to think about what just happened. Spare boots on and I was back at it but with a lot more care.

This accident happened because I was tired and not giving my full attention to the task at hand!

So thank you too my trusted boots of two years you will always be a reminder of what could of happened.

Glad your ok mate :thumbup1:

Tiredness is a bitch in tree work, Id put the cut boot somewhere i could see it every morning, As a reminder, Just to give me a wake up call before i go to work!!

you could hang the pair from the interior mirror then they would remind you everytime you took a corner, :lol:

Close call! Glad you're okay. That was probably just what you needed in the morning haha.

I've got a couple of warning nicks on my left boot from a 044, we were a little bit behind on a job so we were logging up as dusk settled in! Silly idea really, nevertheless, the skags now serve and a constant and slightly embarrassing reminder. :001_tongue:

I will take some pics tomorrow, It was a close call as the inside of my foot is throbbing a bit.

The wife said "o well looks like you will need a new pair of boots then" am going to take the chainsaw to the T.V and see if that gets me a new one as well.

I will take some pics tomorrow, It was a close call as the inside of my foot is throbbing a bit. .

Cheers mate. As morbid as it sounds, a picture speaks a thousand words and things like that can only serve to keep everyone that little bit safer!!

Good on you for posting the thread!!:thumbup1: